[1.12.x] Textures Unlimited Recolour Depot

3 hours ago, Dude-_-909 said:

Firstly, a big thanks goes to everyone working on these mods. You are very much appreciated.

Is it possible to recolour the Mk2 Clamp-O-Tron? If yes, what do i need to do to make it work.
Thanks in advance

Doesn't the Stock config also include it? Or do you want to make a new recolour?

8 hours ago, Dude-_-909 said:

Is it possible to recolour the Mk2 Clamp-O-Tron? If yes, what do i need to do to make it work.
Thanks in advance

It is part of the base package. You might have a mod that interferes?

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

16 hours ago, Manwith Noname said:

It is part of the base package. You might have a mod that interferes?

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Whats the best way to troubleshoot this? Or do i have to uninstall mods one by one till i find the issue?

ReStock was the issue. I saw a post by @Manwith Noname with a link to the ReStock wiki, but I can't figure out how to enable/disable this part only.
I've attempted to do it myself but to no avail. I was tempted to scrap ReStock, but I would lose too many crafts because of it and it's not worth it for just the Mk2 Clamp-O-Tron.

I would be very grateful if someone had the patience to give me better instructions on how to do it, as my coding skills are 0 out of 10 XD. 

37 minutes ago, Dude-_-909 said:

ReStock was the issue. I saw a post by @Manwith Noname with a link to the ReStock wiki, but I can't figure out how to enable/disable this part only.
I've attempted to do it myself but to no avail. I was tempted to scrap ReStock, but I would lose too many crafts because of it and it's not worth it for just the Mk2 Clamp-O-Tron.

I would be very grateful if someone had the patience to give me better instructions on how to do it, as my coding skills are 0 out of 10 XD. 

The instructions on the Restock Github are difficult to grasp at first. Just a note, removing Restock *shouldn't* break your crafts. It's mostly a visual overhaul. I'm actually having the same issue where I  can't repaint the same part, but since I don't use that part often, I'm not going to bother with it. I know there was another user in the process of making a patch, so we will just have to patiently wait.

For anyone having issues with missing Depth Masks when trying to get this mod to function with ReStock, I believe I have found a temporary fix. You'll need to go into two Asset folders inside the ReStock mod folder. It should look like this: (KSP -> GameData -> ReStock -> Assets). From there, you will need to go into the Aero -> DepthMasks folders and put all of the Mask files into a new folder (I used a folder in the same Aero directory named "Backup DepthMasks (Hell);" Just to be sure, I also added a (#) to each file.) This worked, for me, to remove the replaced depth masks and restore the stock ones.

What is a depth mask? Well, I'd show you, but Steam is having a fit about me trying to share my screenshots. As far as I understand, it's just the see-thru mesh that makes it look like, in this example, an air intake has depth where, in reality, it's just a flat image. The issue I was having was where they were invisible, making quite the ugly visual mess for my vehicles.

1 hour ago, Dude-_-909 said:

Done :D 
found a post on reddit with clear instructions on how, and which lines of code need to be altered.

I can finally go back to building and exploring. 

2 hours ago, SaintStarman said:

The instructions on the Restock Github are difficult to grasp at first. Just a note, removing Restock *shouldn't* break your crafts. It's mostly a visual overhaul. I'm actually having the same issue where I  can't repaint the same part, but since I don't use that part often, I'm not going to bother with it. I know there was another user in the process of making a patch, so we will just have to patiently wait.

I couldn't load the crafts due to missing parts. I have screenshots but for some reason, I'm unable to "inset image from URL".

"Craft ExplorationRover_Mk1 was not loaded because it had the following parts missing:
restock-wheel-4"

My SSTOs were such an eyesore with the white Clamp-O-Tron. In the end, I figured out how to do it. It's pretty easy when the instructions are more clear.

Thanks for your feedback mate.

Recolored parts using "Stock White"  seem a little blue on launch. Some mods (e.g. Procedural Wings), when used with this mod, use the quote-unquote stock white texture, so using "Squad" instead of "Bob Ross Paints" for these parts doesn't seem to do anything. What RGB values could be used to provide a more accurate color scheme?

Edited by Av8tor8a

On 7/18/2024 at 11:25 PM, ZZetho said:

Ok, it might take a while for that to happen though, i have some other stuff i want to do first.

Just popping in to add that I'd really appreciate this as well.

Does this work with Restock+?   Some people have said it does. Some say it doesn’t.    

Edit: it appears it does not work with restock+. I hope someone can make it work soon.  TURD plus Restock+ would be awesome together. 

Edited by HammerTyme

On 7/24/2024 at 10:02 AM, SheepDog2142 said:

Cant wait to get the Restock config for this whenever it’s ready. My multiplayer server will be so happy.

Do we know if/when this will happen?   I would love to have some shiny looking parts while also using Restock and Deferred. 

On 7/28/2024 at 3:40 PM, HammerTyme said:

Do we know if/when this will happen?   I would love to have some shiny looking parts while also using Restock and Deferred. 

Deferred rendering works pretty well with TU recolours at the moment. Check the deferred rendering github page for a link to the forked TU version. I'm sure someone will deliver restock compatibility eventually

Edited by lBoBl

18 hours ago, lBoBl said:

Deferred rendering works pretty well with TU recolours at the moment. Check the deferred rendering github page for a link to the forked TU version. I'm sure someone will deliver restock compatibility eventually

Ya that part I knew, but I’m curious when it will work with Restock as well.  What I meant to say is that I’m excited to use TURD with Restock and Deferred together.  

On 7/17/2024 at 7:21 PM, Manwith Noname said:

I take it you are still using the version from CKAN? Please use the version provided with the recolour download.

Heya, I'm working on adopting and getting TU updated for deferred rendering support, and it occurred to me to look into possibly getting TURD onto CKAN as well.  I wasn't aware there was a difference in the bundled version here, I'll check that out..

Would you mind if I set up CKAN metadata for TURD?  Thanks!

I'm throwing my hat into the ring.  Just know, someone else out there is working on TURD configs as well.  I'll release something once I have a little more of substance completed.  For now, all I've recolored is the ol' RadialExperimentStorageContainer mod.  But it worked! And that's what matters.

https://imgbox.com/GxthCr3f

More to come, soon.