Need easier way to create gui's and instructions for how to control different variables

I have attempted to create mods in the past, but it was impossible to figure out how to control different things, like the pitch/yaw/roll.  But I also think it would be easier if there was a simplified way to create a gui, like a custom-made code that creates a gui and the controls you need.

• 2 weeks later...

Like in the past in order to create a gui I had to copy and paste someone else's code, and then the code stopped working because it wasn't the same as before.  But like if there was a kerbalgui script that requires the desired controls for the gui or something.

I am not sure on what are you trying to achieve but have you heard about kOS? It is a mod which allows you write scripts for controlling your vessels, and additionally it allows to create GUIs with few lines of code. 

Perhaps you should give it a try before developing an entire mod. It will give you a general understanding on how ksp works.

Edited by kerbonara

I mean to create my own mod.  I don't know how to create a gui, but if there was a way for modders to easily make a gui then I wouldn't need to.  But of course they don't have to.  It's just a suggestion.

2 hours ago, ianyikos said:

I mean to create my own mod.  I don't know how to create a gui, but if there was a way for modders to easily make a gui then I wouldn't need to.  But of course they don't have to.  It's just a suggestion.

Well considering the number of mods that have created their own Gui's, it can't be that difficult. 

Why not ask How to create a gui before asking for a new way to do it?  Or find some mods that have GUI's you like, and take a look a their code to see how they did it. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.