Dishy Courier Crappy Parts Warehouse 1b, AKA, the Spertnik-1 release.

dishycourier

More Ion Engines!!!!

There are 3 in the upcomming pack :).

2 are in testing. Another is having its model tuned a bit. I might rescale one to be a .5m engine. They are still really unbalanced.

I've also gotten permission to rerelease some of Thobewill's assets. I may or may not use the ion engine from his mk2 pack :)

I'm at a point where a lot of the new parts are releasable, at least for some testing.

I'm pretty set with the fuel tank, #1 lfe, battery, reactor, #1 ion engine, and 1m lens surface. None of the things that need some Unity magic are finished yet.

Should I release a beta to the community or hold off until the parts are done?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had a fun Spertnik moment.

I was launching a mapping satellite when something whizzed passed it making a peeping sound.

When I looked at the map view it was Spertnik. I didn't know another vehicle could trigger sounds just by being near it.

That was a fun surprise.

I don't recall whether I've previously stated this, but I recall it being a deal breaker the first time I glanced at this thread, and now again revisiting it as it's on the first page it's yet again a deal breaker;

You need to not just use a chrome looking texture for every part in your part pack!

I don't know whether it's laziness, or you actually think it looks good, but it looks terrible. If it's a case of laziness, let me know, I'll quite happily throw some UV's together for you to replace the current ones, no credit or thanks required, just so this part of an amazing milestone in human technological development gets the respect it deserves. Keep Spurtnik nice and shiny, but every other element should be skinned to fit within the game. If it's a case of you thinking it looks good ... well, I'm sorry if I've offended you, but realistically, you would have ten times the download if it didn't look like Iron Man's wifes strap on, I guarantee it! :P

You are ofcourse entitled to your opinion, but i don't agree with you. It DOES look good! This mod with the aluminium skins looks different from every other mod. If the OP changes the skins it will become 'just another' mod. If you don't like it, you can always create your own parts or look elsewhere.

You are ofcourse entitled to your opinion, but i don't agree with you. It DOES look good! This mod with the aluminium skins looks different from every other mod. If the OP changes the skins it will become 'just another' mod. If you don't like it, you can always create your own parts or look elsewhere.

:-D The current plan is to use the same textures, but to apply smoothing and move everything to Unity. I had planned on doing it over the last week or so, but I've been placed on a research project. I am limited in the amount of hours I can spend on gaming-related stuff, so my mods are on hold. None of them are dead, just on pause! Spertnik will probably stay the same overall, but just become shinier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.