which planet are you most excited for?

Czman007

Which planet are you most excited for?  

1. 1. Which planet are you most excited for?

I did say eve earlier but thinking about it its gotta be moho, even if its not released this update I can imagine the glowing lava lakes and streams contrasting with the mysterious black darkside. Looking up you see a giant flaring fireball and due to the small atmosphere, the void of space. I hope its not rushed

I think the more time passes the more they will develop machines that will be able to do anything a human can do, plus more, for the fraction of the price....and the romantic idea of going to mars will be overshadowed by more rational options.

I'm not sure the possible colonization of another world is something you should write off so quickly. Will it be expensive? Yes. Will it require better technology than what we have currently? Yes. Is it necessary considering the rate at which humans are killing each other and destroying our planet? I believe so. It's definitely something to consider.

I prefer the moon of any gasplanet

why? most gasplanets is an gaint planet comparised by the rocky planets,factor thousands or tenthousands bigger.

imagine that if you landed on moon Titan and you can see a gaint planet of saturnus on the sky.

**painfully large image with no spoiler**

I see some people choose for gas planets but landing on gasplanet is impossible, even with the future star trek technology.

1. the gravity of gasplanet is more then ten times more of earth's gravity. your own weight will crush yourself until a pancake.

2. the pressure of gas is extreme high, how deeper you go, how hotter and higher pressure it will be, even hotter then on surface of the sun.

nothing survives that, even not with special probes.

I'm guessing that when people say they want to go for the gas planet, they mean the entire Jool system. It has the most moons, and the ones it has seem like the most unique in the system (the only other body w/ water, one with a crater so large it looks like it got nuked, and one that's so small no-one can really tell what it is... even looks like it has an atmosphere). on top of that, if you have any fuel left, you can see how far you can get inside the planet before bad things happen. perhaps there's even a "Great Green Spot".

Also, the creator of this thread forgot to include something - Kerbol! its now got a proper surface, with sun spots, corona, everything! I'll be very excited when I'm able to actually melt my ship (and Jebediah :sticktongue:)

Edited by spikeyhat09

You know the one thing I completely forgot until just a moment ago - in 0.17 we'll also have a star to 'explore'. And by explore I of course dont mean being able to walk on the surface or anything, but we'll be able to (potentially) fly close enough to see the surface of this massive star. Its something Ive been excited for since first playing the games, and was one of the first missions I wanted to launch (until I then found out that the sun was only represented by a single texture, which rendered my idea of a mission to see the stars surface somewhat pointless)

So probably sometime after going to Duna, and potentially before going to Char, I'll have to do a fly-by of the sun and see how close I can get and what there is to see :D Could even do that during the Char mission. Cant wait for this next release :)

You know the one thing I completely forgot until just a moment ago - in 0.17 we'll also have a star to 'explore'. And by explore I of course dont mean being able to walk on the surface or anything, but we'll be able to (potentially) fly close enough to see the surface of this massive star. Its something Ive been excited for since first playing the games, and was one of the first missions I wanted to launch (until I then found out that the sun was only represented by a single texture, which rendered my idea of a mission to see the stars surface somewhat pointless)

So probably sometime after going to Duna, and potentially before going to Char, I'll have to do a fly-by of the sun and see how close I can get and what there is to see :D Could even do that during the Char mission. Cant wait for this next release :)

that's kinda what I just said XD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.