The Space Pogostick Challenge

This is the second challenge I have posted on the KSP forums, the first being 'The Rocket Javelin Challenge' which has been very popular so far :) In a way that was a competition more than a challenge as it is very easy to launch an unmanned rocket javelin, but very hard to perfect. Without further ado I present the Space Pogostick Challenge, which is far harder to complete, let alone perfect.

WALL OF FAME - 3 Pogo-jumps or more!

The Objective

Create a spacecraft capable of taking off from Kerbin, entering low Kerbin orbit, and subsequently landing back on the surface. This is straight forward enough but this is only the beginning of the challenge. The landed spacecraft must then be able to take off yet again, reach orbit for a second time, and once again land! By doing this you have completed the challenge, but is it possible to perform more than 2 pogo-jumps? Those who complete the challenge can also attempt to achieve even more, by completing 3 or more pogo-jumps!

Rules

Only stock parts may be used. MechJeb is the only mod part allowed, as its effect on the difficulty of this challenge is limited (The challenge is mainly about the engineering and not the flying).

No config edits are allowed

Either only use full and no throttle, or install the fuel bug fix found on the plugin powered mods section of the add-on release and showcase forum

A Pogo-jump must consist of a powered launch from Kerbin, an orbit with a periapsis higher than 70 Km around Kerbin, and a landing on Kerbin.

Posting Guide

When posting your Space Pogostick please include an image of your spacecraft in the following positions: Launchpad, 1st Orbit, 1st Landing, 2nd Orbit, 2nd Landing, etc.

Feel free to post any other information about the spacecraft, although only the above images are required. If the guideline is followed I will add your name to this post, signifying your success. Those who can complete 3 or more pogo-jumps will receive a place on the Wall of Fame! There are also a number of special mini challenges to complete! Please show a screenshot of your ship completing any of the mini challenges you attempt :)

Mini Challenges

High Jump - The Apoapsis of one of your orbits is higher than 300 Km

High Jump Plus - The Apoapsis of one of your orbits is higher than 1000 Km

Heavy Lifter - Your spacecraft uses the 3 man capsule

Homesick - One of your landings is within sight of KSC

Homesick Plus - All of your landings are within sight of KSC

Point of Interest- One or more of your landings is in one of the following locations: North Pole, South Pole, Secret KSC

Wall of Success - 2 Pogo-jumps

Example Attempt - COMING SOON

Good luck to anyone and everyone that tries this challenge!

Edited by SamNxGn

Do the landings have to be powered landings or are parachutes allowed?

In any case, here's my entry (I did it for another challenge but it fulfills all the requirements of this one too).

Not only does it take off from and orbit Kerbin twice, but it leaves Kerbin's orbit entirely and goes into a 10Gm orbit around Kerbol (the sun) after each takeoff, so I guess I did the High Jump & High Jump Plus parts as well.

It also lands back at KSC each time (if that counts for anything).

I'll probably have a go at a dedicated craft for this challenge tomorrow sometime as it sounds like fun.

I'm guessing that 3-4 landings should be possible if parachutes are allowed as nearly half the fuel I needed for the one posted here was for the powered descents and landings.

Edited by DEADBEEF

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.