[0.16][.cfg edit] NERVA Nuclear Rocket Engines (now with added Isp!)

Excalibur

NERVA Nuclear Rocket Engines

Ifk7T.jpgbRK3I.jpg

As 0.17 draws nearer I couldn't help wishing that I had something a little more advanced than chemical propulsion to get me to the planets. The two engines shown here have been around for a while, but do not use the new fuel module that bases fuel efficiency on specific impulse.

So for the people who don't know how and those who haven't gotten around to it yet I present these two .cfg edits for Sunday Punch and leucome's nuclear engine parts. If the original part creators return and take issue with me, feel free to send a PM and I'll remove the post if so wished.

I purposely set the initial Isp to be awful so as to discourage using a nuclear engine within the atmosphere. The real NERVA engines developed during the 1960s attained vacuum specific impulses upwards of 800s, so these engines have twice the efficiency of chemical rockets. Use these babies in space and you'll just keep on going. 1960s style. :D

Edited by Excalibur
Download removed pending permission for use of models.

He should give credit and ask permission from Tiberion first. As nice as these look, I am not touching them until all the legal stuff is worked out.

I did mention both Sunday Punch and leucome in the OP. It appears leucome has left the forums, and Tiberion is attempting to get the license for the Sunday Punch parts. I've spoken to him and I think it's best not to share at least the 1m engine until those issues have been resolved. I don't want to anger anybody here. :)

Until things become more clear I can't really share the engines. I'm sure no one will mind if I share the details of the .cfg edits though. Expect those up soon.

I did mention both Sunday Punch and leucome in the OP. It appears leucome has left the forums, and Tiberion is attempting to get the license for the Sunday Punch parts. I've spoken to him and I think it's best not to share at least the 1m engine until those issues have been resolved. I don't want to anger anybody here. :)

Until things become more clear I can't really share the engines. I'm sure no one will mind if I share the details of the .cfg edits though. Expect those up soon.

I will gladly make a model for them so it's free of licensing issues. :)

I will gladly make a model for them so it's free of licensing issues. :)

I really should learn to model and texture myself. If you decide to model some new nuclear engines to go with the .cfgs that would jolly good of you! :)

I really should learn to model and texture myself. If you decide to model some new nuclear engines to go with the .cfgs that would jolly good of you! :)

I miss the engines from novapunch so I am new to blender but I'm thinking to make my engine into a nuke engine if you want to look/help me finish it up look here