Neil Armstrong homage

danRosas

Nova and I created something special to remember a space hero. I believe you've seen before Nova's memorial in the forum, and I hope you go to the Mun in the next release and salute a fallen hero. There's also his kerbal personification and homage called Neil "Armstrong" Kerman.

Thanks for being our inspiration Neil.

You can see the post in our Tumblr

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/

I'm very glad to see this. I was wondering how he would be remembered in KSP. This is good, I think. A memorial at the Tranquility landing site, and a Neil Kerman. I'll feel a little twang every time he comes up in the astronaut rotation.

Can we get an orbital map view pic of where it is, so we can find it when the update goes live? I feel like this should be less of a "easter egg" find and more of a "pay your respects" mission.

0.674 N, 23.473 E. i think that's plenty of info, i'm sure Neil would have preferred people put a bit of effort put into it.

awesome work guy's, can't wait to send a mission.

Will Neil 'Armstrong' Kerman be in the game as a possible crewmember, or did you make just the picture? I ask because Nova mentioned he removed the name Neil from the list of kerbalnauts.

It is a great loss for anyone who apresheats space in any manner whatsoever. And for thous of us who adore space this is plainly an earth shattering loss. I love this Idea. And i cant wait to get the new version of kerbal so i can have him with good old Jeb heading back out to the moon.