Realistic Overhaul will not work.

Hi.

I have Kerbal Space Program 1.5.1 with Making History Expansion.

I also have Realism Overhaul and its dependecies: Real(Chute, Plume, Fuels, heat), ModuleManager, Advanced Jet Engine, SmokeScreen, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, and Ferram Aerospace Research.

Although, the game says Realism Overhaul, Real(Plume,Fuels,Heat, and Chute), Kerbal Joint Reinforcement and Ferram Aerospace Research are only compatible with 1.3.1. All these mods takes away some needed components, and replaces them with different ones. But, not any from Realism Overhaul that I know of.Sure, there's an "SLS Tank", but it's just a few 3.75m Kerbodyne engines placed on to of each other. It even says that in the description!

Do I have to downgrade to 1.3.1? I don't want to lose the features of the Making History expansion.

36 minutes ago, GameData said:

Hi.

I have Kerbal Space Program 1.5.1 with Making History Expansion.

I also have Realism Overhaul and its dependecies: Real(Chute, Plume, Fuels, heat), ModuleManager, Advanced Jet Engine, SmokeScreen, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, and Ferram Aerospace Research.

Although, the game says Realism Overhaul, Real(Plume,Fuels,Heat, and Chute), Kerbal Joint Reinforcement and Ferram Aerospace Research are only compatible with 1.3.1. All these mods takes away some needed components, and replaces them with different ones. But, not any from Realism Overhaul that I know of.Sure, there's an "SLS Tank", but it's just a few 3.75m Kerbodyne engines placed on to of each other. It even says that in the description!

Do I have to downgrade to 1.3.1? I don't want to lose the features of the Making History expansion.

Hello, @GameData!

Simply put, Realism Overhaul is not out for 1.5.x yet. It isn't even 1.4.x ready due to the sheer number of mods it is comprised of. And these mods are way more than just parts, they're occasionally rewrites of a feature (FAR changes the atmosphere a lot, for example) and a lot of these depend on each other for the work they do.

Until all of the dependent mods (or at least all of the important ones) are updated for 1.5.x there will not be a 1.5.x release of RO, so unfortunately you will have to downgrade to 1.3.1.

If you want to play career, unfortunately RP-0 (RO/RSS career) is only at 1.2.2, so you may have to downgrade all the way back to 1.2.2. There is RP-1 which is 1.3.1 but that is highly experimental and currently (I think) only available through their Discord.

Good luck getting this to work! My RO save is still 1.2.2.

Also, welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay!

1 minute ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Hello, @GameData!

Simply put, Realism Overhaul is not out for 1.5.x yet. It isn't even 1.4.x ready due to the sheer number of mods it is comprised of. And these mods are way more than just parts, they're occasionally rewrites of a feature (FAR changes the atmosphere a lot, for example) and a lot of these depend on each other for the work they do.

Until all of the dependent mods (or at least all of the important ones) are updated for 1.5.x there will not be a 1.5.x release of RO, so unfortunately you will have to downgrade to 1.3.1.

If you want to play career, unfortunately RP-0 (RO/RSS career) is only at 1.2.2, so you may have to downgrade all the way back to 1.2.2. There is RP-1 which is 1.3.1 but that is highly experimental and currently (I think) only available through their Discord.

Good luck getting this to work! My RO save is still 1.2.2.

Also, welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay!

@Ultimate Steve:

Thanks for the info, I just wanted a way to use realistic rockets like SLS or Falcon Heavy. I hope the other mods I got will work with 1.5.1x.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.