Jatwaa

• 4 weeks later...

So, i'm having a problem with the DriftR AWS wheel, for some reason it just spins in the same place, my vehicle don't move with them, even using RCS, as if the vehicle was stuck in the ground, but visually the wheels are rotating, they also don't turn to make curves, no idea why...

1 hour ago, Zargachi said:

So, i'm having a problem with the DriftR AWS wheel, for some reason it just spins in the same place, my vehicle don't move with them, even using RCS, as if the vehicle was stuck in the ground, but visually the wheels are rotating, they also don't turn to make curves, no idea why...

It's my fault, the default position is rotated wrong. Pending to be fixed. For now, make sure that the black ball is rotated so it's towards the ground. 

well, the wheels are working but they are really unstable above 40mps... the farther i go from KSP the more unstable they become and at some point, going above 20mps is asking for a accident, they also don't reach much more than 40mps, even the description saying they go up to 100mps... the instability i think it is because the wheel is too rigid and can't adapt to the terrain, then it bounces everywhere until the vehicle crash

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, voteless said:

Just wanted to say that i loved your pure electric engine mod for KSP1.  It alone added hundreds of hours of  game play for me and i was just curious if you  plan to do the same for KSP2.  

Hey Voteless! Glad you enjoyed it :) I do intend to migrate it over, just need to sort how they do EC (once they get it working) and then sort the importing of models and new systems it will need. 

But yes! I have been planning on it. Stay tuned! 

• 4 months later...

I just want to drop by to say I love this mod so much. Also, I got to thinking, since we are finally learning about the electromagnetic nature of the universe and how spiral galaxies are held together by magnetism, these engines could theoretically work, albeit far more massive in scale and drawing far more power with far less thrust, but they could work by basically pulling on the planetary, solar or galactic magnetic fields and moving the vessel along by using celestial objects as an electromagnetic anchor of sorts, though its thrust would be weaker the farther you get from one such anchor due to the inverse square law. To make it work IRL you'd probably need to build an orbital megastructure after either setting up orbital tethers or space elevators and feed a whole dedicated nuclear reactor into the engine alone to make it move, but for a drive so huge you could move a chunk of civilization with it anyways. I just thought I'd share my thoughts because I like the idea of the mod so much :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.