return of a newbie/ help Duna

hi guys

Having enjoyed KSP from 3yrs ago, and following great tutorial's by Marcus House and Scot Manley, I have the bug again after a year off, The one thing that made this game so realistic was the onboard docking camera, which has sadly been removed after 3.11 update, but I can live with it as is. So I followed Marcus HOW to get to Duna, I built a craft just like him and followed his instructions to the letter. So How come my craft half way through the burn to Duna, lays dormant. NO SIGNAL I then built a sat/relay and put it in orbit facing the sun around the MUN. still no signal. Do I have to delete missions or is this retrievable.

regards Jeb1

The simple solution is going to be to disable CommNet in the difficulty settings.

This is the WIki article on CommNet: I cannot verify whether it is accurate, since I don't play with stock or CommNet (I use RemoteTech instead).

If the Wiki article says "only when close", that means it can reach when the planet is close to Kerbin, whereas if they're on opposite sides of Kerbol, it may not reach.

4 hours ago, Starman4308 said:

The simple solution is going to be to disable CommNet in the difficulty settings.

This is the WIki article on CommNet: I cannot verify whether it is accurate, since I don't play with stock or CommNet (I use RemoteTech instead).

If the Wiki article says "only when close", that means it can reach when the planet is close to Kerbin, whereas if they're on opposite sides of Kerbol, it may not reach.

many thanks mate that will do for now well done.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.