A Kerbal's Guide to our solar system

NovaSilisko

A Sedna - like object. 1000km diameter. 1,033,470,000,000m X 12,681,360,000,000m orbit. Rare launch windows. For the pros - or the patient. I am currently testing this.

Edit: Using a Trans-Sedna injecton, the game renders your orbit very linearly. I also estimate the time of the injection to be 3 days and 7 hours approx. with 10,000X time warp. With 1,000,000x, 47 minutes and 29 seconds. 28 seconds with 100,000,000x.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This has probably been said already, but no other planet can be stable anywhere in Kerbin\'s orbit. Think of it as this, both objects in the orbit are stationary compared with each other, so they will easily pull each other together, into a final elliptical orbit that further causes chaos...

This has probably been said already, but no other planet can be stable anywhere in Kerbin\'s orbit. Think of it as this, both objects in the orbit are stationary compared with each other, so they will easily pull each other together, into a final elliptical orbit that further causes chaos...

Not exactly.

Small bodies could exist in the L4 and L5 points (I KNOW that KSP doesn\'t simulate them ;) ). In reality, there are two clumps of asteroids in these positions along the orbit of Jupiter, and also faint clouds of dust associated with Earth Lagrange points if I remeber well...

Not exactly.

Small bodies could exist in the L4 and L5 points (I KNOW that KSP doesn\'t simulate them ;) ). In reality, there are two clumps of asteroids in these positions along the orbit of Jupiter, and also faint clouds of dust associated with Earth Lagrange points if I remeber well...

Yes, SMALL bodies. Not Ceres bodies, asteroids. Harvest is a ceres-like world, and it would most likely impact Kerbin or be flung to Kla Kentauri.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, guys, what's with the censoring of "***" in "***ociated"? :D :D

Reminds me of this quote from bash org...

Also, the "advanced editor" isn't advanced in the slightest, it's just a text box with no commands. What's with this new forum?

Yes, SMALL bodies. Not Ceres bodies, asteroids

I guess you're right; I'm no expert in this kind of highly non-linear problems, so I don't know where the hard limit to stability would lie.

• 3 weeks later...
I like the system, but it seems too fictional.

Now that you're part of the Dev Team I can only expect this though xD. I still like it though, but less magical and fantasy in it if possible!

This is KSP. Nothing (except Donught Planets) is too silly or fictional.

my only question is how would one get to these planets? i mean, its hard enough to control where you go in the solar system once you leave the gravitational influence of kerbin. dont get me wrong, i LOVE the idea. :)

• 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.