graphical maneuver editor with unmanned ship

Hi all,

I'm playing with 1.7 and love the Room To Maneuver. Alas, I'm not sure why I have it disabled when flying an unmanned ship.

I'm in orbit in Kerbin with full network connection, and have a RC-001S Remote Guidance Unit.

However, the Graphical Maneuver Editor is disabled and I cannot open it.

Which part must I add to be able to use it? Or is it impossible without a pilot?

Thanks

I'm starting to think it's a bug in the game or I messed with some settings because even with a pilot, I still cannot access the graphical maneuver node. In the pic below I have a pilot, full control, network connectivity, electricity, still the graphical maneuver editor is inaccessible and advanced orbital info is locked

Jx2ETaV.jpg

1 minute ago, Snark said:

If you're playing in career mode, have you upgraded Mission Control?

Yes, it is fully upgraded. I was able to do several missions using graphical maneuver editor perfectly, then it just stopped. At first I thought it was because it was an unmanned probe, but now I think maybe it's something else

Just now, Snark said:

Hmm. Any chance some mod may be acting up? What happens if you start up a sandbox game in pure stock? Can you place maneuver nodes then?

I don't have any mods, all stock (v 1.7.x)

I'll try a sandbox game and see what happens. The only thing that changed recently is that I bought the Breaking Ground expansion, maybe that's messing with the controls?

Breaking Ground works fine with maneuvers, AFAICT. Certainly I'm not having any problems with it myself, nor have I heard of anyone else with this problem.

Anything interesting in your log file?

Uhm...I'm a bit confused here:

35 minutes ago, tulsi said:

I don't have any mods, all stock (v 1.7.x)

Apparently, you got at least KER installed, the KER button is clearly visible in your screenshot. Maybe you forgot about it or something is really borked.

17 hours ago, tulsi said:

when flying an unmanned ship

The little kerbal symbol next to the CommNet signal strength indicates, there is at least one kerbal on board of your vessel. Is it part of the issue or do you actually got a kerbal up there?

35 minutes ago, tulsi said:

I bought the Breaking Ground

Ok, maybe that's the issue because there is actually a new toolbar button added in 1.7.1 to switch between sets of action groups and this button is definitely missing in your screenshot.

My guess: You installed breaking grounds without updating to 1.7.1 and now the game is a bit borked or somehow the upgrade progress failed at some point/created some unwanted side effects. I would suggest to go for a clean reinstall:

Create a backup of your savegame, uninstall the game, remove any remaining game files manually, then reinstall everything and put your savegame back.

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

1 minute ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Apparently, you got at least KER installed, the KER button is clearly visible in your screenshot. Maybe you forgot about it or something is really borked.

Yikes, I forgot about that one! :lol:

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try it and let you know

3 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

The little kerbal symbol next to the CommNet signal strength indicates, there is at least one kerbal on board of your vessel. Is it part of the issue or do you actually got a kerbal up there?

First I tried with a probe and thought I was missing a part. Then tried with a 5 star pilot (the screenshot) and it was still not working and it worked before, so definitely it's not something related to parts!

1 minute ago, tulsi said:

First I tried with a probe and thought I was missing a part. Then tried with a 5 star pilot (the screenshot) and it was still not working and it worked before, so definitely it's not something related to parts!

Oh yeah, you actually wrote it above the screenshot, sorry I missed that part xD

Btw: have you tried clicking on the button anyway? When I tried to recreate the issue, I've noticed that the buttons are indeed "locked" for a very short moment but become available after 1 or 2 seconds. Probably just a hiccup of the game.

Well apparently the culprit was an old version of KER which worked fine until I (well, Steam actually) upgraded to 1.7.1 with Breaking Ground.

I updated the KER mod and now everything works as expected

Thanks!

Glad you got it sorted!  :)

Moving to Technical Support for modded installs, just for posterity, since this is more of a "mod breaking stuff" issue than a how-to-play-the-stock-game issue.

• 2 months later...

fwiw I'm having this same problem - it's never worked for me like I've never so much as managed to open the graphical editor in my game

I have world stabilizer installed, that's it, and I installed it mid-game as well and this wasn't working before then, either

for that matter half the time the advanced info is missing as well

iirc this is a clean install of 1.7.2 then upgraded to 1.7.3 (and it didn't work in 1.7.2, either)

edit: just to add, I *have* gotten it working, by clearing input locks from the debug menu. that appears to be the only way

Edited by decimal-simplex

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.