Gasbag Industries are open for business

vrga

Got some stuff done, heres the docking node picture, and a video about the decoupler.

PIC: http://i50.tinypic.com/3517kns.png

VID: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWlvEC1UMUw

I am not entirely sure that the docking node is even possible at this time unfortunately. sure i can make it and animate, but i dont know. Will give it a look :)

Also, added your video to the first post :)

Maaadaaaj, konacno geek s normalnim texturama, ovi zderu ram ko da je besplatan :D

I'm sorry, but did you mean

"Come on, finally geek with normal texture, these are devouring ram like it is free"?

In which case:

Hej, samo biti drago možete ga pokrenuti. Moj stari komad otpada ÄÂak ne mogu gledati na to bez spaljivanja na Å¡ljaku ...

(I'm not sure because I'm using Google translate. Sue me.)

I'm sorry, but did you mean

"Come on, finally geek with normal texture, these are devouring ram like it is free"?

In which case:

Hej, samo biti drago možete ga pokrenuti. Moj stari komad otpada ÄÂak ne mogu gledati na to bez spaljivanja na Å¡ljaku ...

(I'm not sure because I'm using Google translate. Sue me.)

:RRRRRROFLMAO:

No, ok, its funny, lolzzzz, ahahaha, ahhhem, phewww, that made my day. :D

Just a tip, ggltrans cant do it in native slang, but anyway, sounds like lots'o'fun,

even dangerous in a way, cause you never know how deformed output will look like.

Ever tried it on russian slang ... just can't read it from laughing.

But, ok, put that aside for now.

Yeah, I cant stop bit***in' cause a whole lot mod/parts are using too much oversized textures for a small part,

hey, no prob for 1024x if it is a big part, anyway else, trashing ram like peanuts.

Here, I can see (as anybody else) there is pretty good percent of optimization, between part size and part texture size, so no much ram waste, if any.

You catch my drift?, and it still looks good. As this "game" is not so meant to be some 3D eye candy 'hooter, anyway... buuut, hehe, it "pleases the eye" :)

In REAL translation: (figurative speech) no offense intended, just kudos for the maker.

But you got that already. Just don't do any above like translations anymore, it kills, I just dont care for textures anymore :D

Cheers

Edited by elpucko

I think you should not use smooth shading for the decouples. I don't know how they are represented in Unity, but in blender you need to change it to solid over in the T panel.

Cinema4D's fbx exporter nommed the smoothgroups unfortunately. will figure something out eventually...

But its not big on the list of "to fix" things, since its the only one so far :P

btw, elpucko, hvala :D

• 5 weeks later...
And when finally paypal enables Croatians to recieve donations i will toss up a donation button as well, if you'd like to support my work...

That's really bad form. Asking for donations, or even being willing to accept donations, for creating parts in an indie game that's still in beta, really? Anyone who thinks that's appropriate in any way really has poor etiquette.

That's really bad form. Asking for donations, or even being willing to accept donations, for creating parts in an indie game that's still in beta, really? Anyone who thinks that's appropriate in any way really has poor etiquette.

considering i plan to release all my models under a license that is basically "do whatever you want with my models and textures as long as you credit me", no, it is not.

i do not attach any monetary value to the models.

• 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.