Intercepting the load of a game and of a craft

There's a Hook in which I could register a code of mine to intercept the loading of a savegame in order to check for something and if something bad is detected, I could abort the loading process to prevent the savegame to be ruined?

And for a craft? To prevent a damaged craft to be loaded without warning?

Yeah. I'm talking about a McLisias' Anti Krakens! :D

Edited by Lisias
slightly improved grammar...

I am afraid this was already asked more than three years ago:

I am looking into the docs and it looks like you can use LoadGame to get back a Game object through which you can then go; however, no idea whether or how this can be called from the Main menu... do you know where I can start learning about the APIs for Unity and KSP?

4 hours ago, nmc said:

I am afraid this was already asked more than three years ago:

HUmm… I'm a dud SAS. Craft Manager does that. I will check the Craft Manager source for part of the problem!

4 hours ago, nmc said:

I am looking into the docs and it looks like you can use LoadGame to get back a Game object through which you can then go; however, no idea whether or how this can be called from the Main menu... do you know where I can start learning about the APIs for Unity and KSP?

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/index.html

https://docs.unity3d.com/2018.4/Documentation/Manual/ (I think KSP uses an older version, but it's better than nothing)

On a side note, I would love to have access to the previous versions of the KSP API. Ok, I can use reflection on the older ones - but that information was already available before. :)

Edited by Lisias
Hit "save" too soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.