NASA's Dragonfly mission to Titan

On 12/1/2023 at 5:46 AM, darthgently said:

I wish people could make direct donations to specific government programs.  But, alas, this would be unconstitutional as it bypasses Congress' budgetary control.  One can donate to government, but Congress gets to decide where your money goes.  Yeah....nope

check your tax codes, donations to science might be tax deductable.

Was just watching Real Engineerings video on Dragonfly and they mention that the drones roaters we're 1 meter across. A METER? How large is this thing? For some reason I've been picturing something microwave sized.

1 hour ago, Minmus Taster said:

Was just watching Real Engineerings video on Dragonfly and they mention that the drones roaters we're 1 meter across. A METER? How large is this thing? For some reason I've been picturing something microwave sized.

When watching Mars Guy's vids he will overlay a person in the images to indicate scale and I always think Dragonfly's rotors look less than 1m also.  I just figure it's the imperial conditioning in my brain making meters suffer perceptual distortion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.