Keosynchronous Rendezvous (Crew Transfer)

Schweehog

Before we start I would like to say that no mods were used in this (including MechJeb).

Well, it was only a matter of time! I got a positive response from the last one I did so here it goes. It was a perfect day to test my rocket out. The sun was shining, the sky was clear, everything was perfect. With my new and improved Xeon craft, I blasted off into what I thought was a Minmus landing. As I went into my last minute orbit (very slow engine) I decided it was time to go to Minmus! But before we do, why don't we EVA? Our ship is under 70,000 meters because of my last minute orbit. So since we can't time warp lets just EVA the time away! With my new craft gliding through the air I EVA'ed one of my Kerbans. All went well, he went down the ladder, manually retracted the ladder, (I like retracting the ladder when the Kerban is out on EVA, it makes it fell like he made it do that) went for a little space-walk, and went back in. All went well. Until I decided to press the magical "G" key. You see, while in VBA I wanted to try the regular landing legs (the smaller ones) so I put them on. But when it came time to press the key, the legs went out but not over the engine. The legs weren't long enough! Arg! Well, being me I said "Hey, you know what? Rendezvous. Keosynchronary. Now!". So off I went into my Keosynchronary orbit. After a long time fiddling with my orbit, I managed to get them where during one spot in the orbit they go within 4.1 Km of each other. I disembarked Ludney Kerman on his trip to make him, A LEGEND! Off we went for the 6 Km journey (I didn't deploy him at the right time, silly me :D). He went at a terrorizing speed towards the other craft. Nearer and nearer he went. 5 Km, 5 Km, the distance shortened untill: 1000 m. I'm almost there! I can do this! My heart was beating and Ludney was crying with joy. He thought we would never make it :P. As I came up to the ship I changed Kerbans and off went Dubsby Kerman. He was crying with joy that he could finally meet his relative Patsy in the other craft. It was a 8 Km journey. It was a hard and long (that's what she said) journey. He was so happy to finally meet his relative. He was bursting for joy as we neared the ship. He was so close he could see it! He sped off to the ship to re-unite with his only family member he knows. He climbed up the ladder. He boarded. He met his family, I made my first rendezvous, and my landing gear glitched so that one of the legs went down while the other two went up.

That's another thing I can check off my things to do list. Now all I have to do is to go into deep space, orbit around the Sun, and land a craft on Minmus!

Anyways I hoped you enjoyed my little story and you can help me fix my landing gear problem :)

Pictures as always!

Checking out that ladder:

mzGfl.png

To the ship I go!

5gKhN.png

Half way done...

EZlfO.png

I finally get to meet my only known relative

idThy.png

I'm coming Patsy!

8gHHg.png

What a long journey

vfimD.png

Doh! Landing gear don't be like this!

8G2VM.png

Edited by Schweehog

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.