What lore do you want to see?

Concodroid

33 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Again, I really think that's taking lore to the extreme. It's like one of those small things in Star Wars that sect of the really hardcore fanbase want in-depth details about, and then it just comes off as reading like fan fiction.

I disagree. This wouldn’t have to be super in-depth, and it can bring in new questions. For example you could discover this with seismic instruments (the planets are hollow), and that could lead to some cool expansions on questions and people’s headcanons - who made these planets? Why? When? And more. It would just be another fact about the Kerbol System, as much as the mass of each body is, or the presence and locations of monoliths or Mun arches. Players reading into it can glean their own meanings and still have plenty of room for imagination (if not an expansion of possibilities).

It also happens to fix two problems with KSP - tiny planets and lack of mascons. Planets just aren’t that dense, and the gravity fields are too uniform. 

So it’s a win-win-win. 

11 minutes ago, Bill Phil said:

I disagree. This wouldn’t have to be super in-depth, and it can bring in new questions. For example you could discover this with seismic instruments (the planets are hollow), and that could lead to some cool expansions on questions and people’s headcanons - who made these planets? Why? When? And more. It would just be another fact about the Kerbol System, as much as the mass of each body is, or the presence and locations of monoliths or Mun arches. Players reading into it can glean their own meanings and still have plenty of room for imagination (if not an expansion of possibilities).

That sounds horrible.

17 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

For example you could discover this with seismic instruments (the planets are hollow)

I think I'd be fine with one exoplanet being found to be hollow/artificial through seismic experiments, but no more.

have Lore and other things as part of one of a set of default scenarios

and have one 'blank' one thats a real sandbox, even with finances etc.

so you can have an earth like history, something more 'junkyard", ones with a narrative set of missions etc

but make it optional

Yeah...  it's a sandbox where people like to create their own stories and lore.  So maybe the thread title is a bit of a misnomer. 

But as for puzzles, easter eggs, discoveries, random items scattered about the solar system...  more is always better.

I'd like to find stuff in the deepest parts of the oceans...  or on the highest peaks of mountains, maybe a secret cave or two?  Ancient or advanced alien voodoo tech possibly?  Hidden branches off the tech tree related to reverse engineering?  I'm all for sci-fi stuffs!  ...but yes, there are many who would frown upon it.