"Cannot switch to vehicles about to crash"... when they're both landed?!

Got a weird problem. I had a lander with a rover drone slung underneath landing on Minmus. After landing, I tried dropping the drone and then making it the target so I could send it on it's merry way. Instead of the drone the target jumps to the last fuel tank/engine combo I had discarded prior to landing. The combo had landed (apparently it was moving slow enough not to destruct on impact) 1.7km from my touchdown point. But now I'm stuck. trying to re-designate either the lander or the drone as the target from the discarded hardware results in the message given in the topic. Jumping to map and trying to select either the lander or the rover, same message. I'm trapped at the discarded hulk. Any ideas?

EDIT: Ugh. Just realized I put this in the wrong category. Sorry.

Edited by Fadamor

Yes running Mods. kOS, MechJeb, EVE, KER,... umm, I think that's it. OS is Win 10. Neither the rover nor the lander are classed as debris. They looked just fine on landing. The hulk has a corner of the fuel tank embedded in the surface, but nothing is exploded and nothing is crumpled.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.