100 Kerbals to Eve and back, fully reusable

EveMaster

I performed a fully reusable mission to the surface of Eve and back to the KSC with 100 Kerbals. The mission also features the following: visiting Minmus and Eve monolith, no ion engines, no nuke engines, no parachutes, no mining on Gilly, normal difficulty settings including ComNet, athmospheric flight half way around Eve, an ocean crossing, and ocean landing and suborbital docking.

The mission was performed in stock KSP 1.7.3 without addons. Only the mods KER, precise node and better time warp continued are used.

I attempted also to make the mission with only single launch. But a design flaw forced me to start a second small service mission. This service mission is also completely reusable.

The challenge of bringing 100 Kerbals on a reusable craft to Eve and back was posted as expert mode in the following challenge some while ago:

A gallery with the complete mission report can be found here: https://imgur.com/gallery/ghD20fN

z4AW0vh.jpg

NRdWLo1.jpg

The craft file can be found here: https://kerbalx.com/EveMaster/100KerbalsToEve

Edited by EveMaster
Added link to craft file

On 10/9/2019 at 9:03 PM, EveMaster said:

I performed a fully reusable mission to the surface of Eve and back to the KSC with 100 Kerbals. The mission also features the following: visiting Minmus and Eve monolith, no ion engines, no nuke engines, no parachutes, no mining on Gilly, normal difficulty settings including ComNet, athmospheric flight half way around Eve, an ocean crossing, and ocean landing and suborbital docking.

The mission was performed in stock KSP 1.7.3 without addons. Only the mods KER, precise node and better time warp continued are used.

I attempted also to make the mission with only single launch. But a design flaw forced me to start a second small service mission. This service mission is also completely reusable.

The challenge of bringing 100 Kerbals on a reusable craft to Eve and back was posted as expert mode in the following challenge some while ago:

A gallery with the complete mission report can be found here: https://imgur.com/gallery/ghD20fN

z4AW0vh.jpg

NRdWLo1.jpg

The craft file can be found here: https://kerbalx.com/EveMaster/100KerbalsToEve

Hello,

Nice one, I have one aircraft similar but for 50. but I am always struggling to take them off the airplane, in a fast way, did you used any mod to unload them all 100? or just really 1 by 1?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, pmborg said:

Hello,

Nice one, I have one aircraft similar but for 50. but I am always struggling to take them off the airplane, in a fast way, did you used any mod to unload them all 100? or just really 1 by 1?

Thanks!

I used an autohotkey script:

Sleep, 3000
MouseClick, left,  1201,  1413
Sleep, 5000
WinWait, Kerbal Space Program, 
IfWinNotActive, Kerbal Space Program, , WinActivate, Kerbal Space Program, 
WinWaitActive, Kerbal Space Program,
Sleep, 18000
Loop, 100
{
	MouseMove, 2135,  1325
	Sleep, 3000
	MouseClick, left,  2135,  1325
	Sleep, 15000
	Send, {SPACE}
	Sleep, 10000
	Send, {ALTDOWN}
	MouseClick, left,  915,  377
	Sleep, 100
	Send, {ALTUP}{ALTDOWN}{ALTUP}
	Sleep, 30000
}

The script needs to be adapted to your screen resolution. Explanation:

1201,1413 is the position of KSP in my windows Task bar. 2135, 1325 is the position of the EVA button.

Space is for the Kerbal to jump off the ladder.

915, 377 is a position where my craft is. Alt+click lets you switch to the vessel if easy vessel switcher mod is installed.

For the ladders I found it helpful to rotate the ladders slightly so that they have some overhang. This way the Kerbals can board the vessel easier. For the boarding I don't have an automation. But it is faster and less annoying because there is no EVA cooldown period.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.