Mysterious force in sun orbit

Jabberwock

I have recently build a rocket I believe has the fuel and power to hit the sun, I have been attempting to today as a personal challenge. The problem I have been running into is when I get into orbit with the sun and wait to reach my Apoasis, there is some force stopping me from pointing my ship in the opposite direction I am traveling. Sometimes if I manage to fight it enough to hit that direction, it goes past and throws my ship into a frenzied circle eventually ripping it apart, with no rockets on at all. Even with the small air thrusters to aid in turning, no rockets or anything to propel me, I cannot face that way, as if some force prevents me. I do not see what the hell could be effecting the direction I drift that far into space and it is rather frustrating. If anyone has some insight on what issue I may be running into help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the response, can't wait then. I got close but ran out of gas once last night, I was zipping past the sun going 100000+ m/s at my closest point(peroasis?). without the Kraken I think I have it down. =) I'll work on my return flight from Mun for now then, still working on a model that can land with enough fuel to escape.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.