Rover flipping?

The center of mass may be to high and you need to apply "downforce" if you want it to stick to the ground. I did not check lately but there were components with a naturally offset center of mass so if they are still there you may be able to build a rover with an actual center of mass that is under the ground. 

Here in the pic there is an example of what I mean with "downforce". Try experimenting with different angles of the deployed control surfaces. This is not a "jet" rover but I hope you can get some hints.

wSkHzYJ.png

I had a jet scientific rover but it was not exactly "sporty".

AuMp4iM.png

I wonder if larger rover wheels or landing gear would help. Irrespectively, any slight bump you hit at speed will still flip you.

As suggested, aerodynamic down force is the conventional solution, but I like Fierce Wolf's slightly more kerbal solution of a separate engine for downforce.

If you're feeling creative and have breaking ground or a robotics mod, you could have a variable pitch on your main engine to angle it up slightly. Be careful about the relationship between centre of thrust and centre of mass, and watch your centre of lift, especially if you have any components providing lift. A couple of fins either side of the engine nozzle might just help keep it straight, once you have downforce sorted out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.