How to use the motor plate?

I refer to this piece:

https://prnt.sc/pwmklg

From what I understood from the description, it serves to place several engines inside and then should generate a cover to cover all the engines. but I can't do it, the few times I managed to make it generate a cap, it covered only the central engine, leaving out the rest.
Could someone explain to me how I have to use them?

There will be two nodes (the green attachment points) you can attach to - one for the central engine and one for the motor plate (engine plate in the English version). You can change the position of the engine plate node by right clicking the part and changing the length.

It sounds like you are attaching to the central engine node, which will generate the shroud (cover) for the central engine only. You need to attach to the engine plate node. These two nodes will be in line with each other, but the engine plate node should be the lower one. Depending on the length of the engine plate, the two nodes can sometimes overlap, making it difficult to tell which is which.

4 hours ago, Goody1981 said:

These two nodes will be in line with each other, but the engine plate node should be the lower one. Depending on the length of the engine plate, the two nodes can sometimes overlap, making it difficult to tell which is which.

One comment: the engine plates have different variants that gives them different lengths. IIRC the default is the shortest variant, in this case the lowest node may not be the one from the engine plate but from the central engine.

43 minutes ago, AHHans said:

One comment: the engine plates have different variants that gives them different lengths. IIRC the default is the shortest variant, in this case the lowest node may not be the one from the engine plate but from the central engine.

Good point - though mine always defaults to the longest. At any rate, definitely need to sort out which is which.

8 hours ago, Goody1981 said:

Now I’m questioning haha...

Don't worry, you were right. The default is the longest variant.

But to get on topic again: if you are still struggling, then you can attach the next stage without attaching any engines to see where the attachment node of the engine plate is. That should be a bit easier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.