Kraken Attacks?

Hi and welcome to the forums.

9 hours ago, TheElementalOrca said:

I have built a large rocket to take my space station to orbit and i keep getting kraken attacks.

With only a static image there isn't all that much to base a diagnose on, but the craft looks like it is ready to rip itself apart during launch - no kraken needed! I think you need Moar Struts! And not the auto- version of the struts. At the very least I would add a strut from the bottom of each of the six boosters to a sturdy part at the bottom of the central core, to keep the boosters from tilting. But I'd probably add a dozen or so more struts, just to be safe. :D

9 hours ago, TheElementalOrca said:

I have auto strutted everything in my build

Autostruts to root or heaviest are known to be kraken-bait. Autostruts to grantparent are usually safe, autostruts to root are mostly dangerous during docking or staging when the part that is root changes but having many autostruts to the same part that then try to transmit a huge amount of force through these struts is also problematic(*), autostruts to heaviest are particularly dangerous during launch when draining fuel changes which part is the heaviest.

So for your craft I would avoid "autostruts to heaviest" like the kraken-bait they are. I also wouldn't use autostruts to root, even though they may be O.K. What I would do is - as already said: Moar Struts!

P.S. (*) See the - somewhat role-played - postmortem analysis of such an incident in this posting.;)

26 minutes ago, TheElementalOrca said:

AHHans is Moar Struts a mod? 

No it's a meme.(*) The solution (well, for a certain definition of "solution") to many KSP design challenges is to add more struts, to hold everything together. So "more struts" became kind of a running gag, and because "more struts" still isn't enough it became "moar struts".

In a similar fashion "moar boosters" are the solution to get your craft into orbit. :cool:

(*) Well, at least according to what I think what a "meme" is. I'm old enough that a) this word didn't exist for the first few decades of my life and b) I'm a bit fuzzy about what that word is supposed to mean. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.