[1.5 - 1.10] Kerbalism 3.11

Sir Mortimer

1 hour ago, space_otter said:

I am experiencing an issue with kerbalism+near future electrics. More specifically, the nuclear reactors don't produce electric charge. There is an option to turn the reactor on, but although heat is produced the reactors don't produce electricity. They don't even show up in the planner. I also have system heat installed, so that may be causing some issues.

i've been using kerbalism + near future electrics without issues, the reactor work as they should.

other mods may cause the problems

• 2 weeks later...
So running the mod Kerbalism.
  1. I want to comfirm with others that the Delta numbers on the pic are correct? Does it really take 4900 Delta just to LKO. I am early game and finding it damn near impossible to escape Kerbin SOI. I have a 1000+ hours in this game and this mod is killing me! I love it though.
  2. The data that Navball provides for node burn and also the staging stack info DO NOT match what Kerbal Engineering shows. The numbers are ALL wrong from the staging stack and the node burn times. Is there a setting that I am missing since I am running Kerbalism?h40sTT5.png

31 minutes ago, CubertFarnsworth said:
So running the mod Kerbalism.
  1. I want to comfirm with others that the Delta numbers on the pic are correct? Does it really take 4900 Delta just to LKO. I am early game and finding it damn near impossible to escape Kerbin SOI. I have a 1000+ hours in this game and this mod is killing me! I love it though.
  2. The data that Navball provides for node burn and also the staging stack info DO NOT match what Kerbal Engineering shows. The numbers are ALL wrong from the staging stack and the node burn times. Is there a setting that I am missing since I am running Kerbalism?h40sTT5.png

kerbalism does not change the rocket mechanics nor the planetary mechanics. your ships are going to be heavier due to life support necessities - a lot heavier if you plan longer missions - but the deltaV required is always the same, roughly 3400 m7s for LKO.

the image you posted clearly refers to some planetary pack, which has absolutely nothing to do with kerbalism.

i do believe you may have the wrong mod here.

How do you manage the flow of oxygen between parts of a vehicle? I put a fuel cell and 2 pressurized tanks, one with oxygen and one with hydrogen. When I turn the fuel cell on, it draws all of the oxygen from the command pod and drains that before starting to use the oxygen from the tank. I'd like to configure it to prioritize draining the tank first. At the least, I'd like to be able to manually transfer oxygen from the tank to the pod. The tank is on a part that gets jettisoned before reentry, so poor Jeb struggles to breathe on the way down.

I'm using stock KSP 1.12.5.3190, Kerbalism 3.19, and a few mods:

- Kerbalism-Config-Default 3.19
+ CommunityResourcePack v112.0.1
+ Harmony2 2.2.1.0
- KerbalChangelog v1.4.2
- KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.9.0
+ KSPCommunityFixes 1.35.0
- KSPRescuePodFix 1.6.4.14
- MechJeb2 2.14.3.0
+ ModuleManager 4.2.3

6 hours ago, fumblethumbs said:

How do you manage the flow of oxygen between parts of a vehicle? I put a fuel cell and 2 pressurized tanks, one with oxygen and one with hydrogen. When I turn the fuel cell on, it draws all of the oxygen from the command pod and drains that before starting to use the oxygen from the tank. I'd like to configure it to prioritize draining the tank first. At the least, I'd like to be able to manually transfer oxygen from the tank to the pod. The tank is on a part that gets jettisoned before reentry, so poor Jeb struggles to breathe on the way down.

I'm using stock KSP 1.12.5.3190, Kerbalism 3.19, and a few mods:

- Kerbalism-Config-Default 3.19
+ CommunityResourcePack v112.0.1
+ Harmony2 2.2.1.0
- KerbalChangelog v1.4.2
- KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.9.0
+ KSPCommunityFixes 1.35.0
- KSPRescuePodFix 1.6.4.14
- MechJeb2 2.14.3.0
+ ModuleManager 4.2.3

i never had any problem tranfering oxygen, or any other resource, between parts. i never worried about consumption priority, so i can't say about that.

you really should be able to transfer it between tanks like fuel or any other resource. if you can't, it could be a bug

8 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

i never had any problem tranfering oxygen, or any other resource, between parts. i never worried about consumption priority, so i can't say about that.

you really should be able to transfer it between tanks like fuel or any other resource. if you can't, it could be a bug

Thanks for confirming that I should expect it to work - I wasn't sure if it was a Kerbalism thing, since I've just started using it. I worked out the problem - when I did a clean reinstall of KSP I hadn't remembered to enable "advanced tweakables" in the settings. Once I did that I was able to set the flow priority and manually transfer oxygen.

4 hours ago, AndriiHnatiuk said:

What config should I play with if I play from a real solar system but without realism overhaul?

i played with rss and kerbalism without changing anything.

of course, going to orbit is going to be exceedingly difficult with stock parts, but that's not a kerbalism problem

15 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

я играл с rss и кербализмом, ничего не меняя.

конечно, со штатными деталями выйти на орбиту будет чрезвычайно сложно, но это не проблема кербализма

The only thing that confuses me in the usual config is radiation, which is not particularly suitable for the real solar system

10 hours ago, AndriiHnatiuk said:

The only thing that confuses me in the usual config is radiation, which is not particularly suitable for the real solar system

why not?

i ran a full grand tour of it, radiations were no more of a problem than in previous runs. less of a problem, actually, because i had more experience dealing with them. the only real bother way, i could not land a crew in the inner moons of saturn because of too many radiations. but few people use kerbalism to send a crew on saturn anyway.

you may refer to the fact that travel times are longer while radiation exposure is the same, but if properly handled, radiation can be virtually nullified for most situation. so if the mission is longer it doesn't really matter

On 4/16/2024 at 10:20 PM, king of nowhere said:

why not?

i ran a full grand tour of it, radiations were no more of a problem than in previous runs. less of a problem, actually, because i had more experience dealing with them. the only real bother way, i could not land a crew in the inner moons of saturn because of too many radiations. but few people use kerbalism to send a crew on saturn anyway.

you may refer to the fact that travel times are longer while radiation exposure is the same, but if properly handled, radiation can be virtually nullified for most situation. so if the mission is longer it doesn't really matter

Thanks for the answers, maybe I'll try again with the real solar system. Now I'm trying to learn principia in the Kerbal system