Real Plume causing fps to drop to 5 and below on duna

I am playing a career mode in 1.7.3 with Real Plume installed. I built my first Duna Ssto and flew it to Duna but, when trying to land for some reason when I get below 8 km I get a huge lag spike and drop to below 5 fps. I tried uninstalling other mods, turning of terrain scatter, dropping the texture quality, dropping the physics rate, reinstalling ksp and nothing worked.

Until I uninstalled Real Plume, somehow that fixed the issue. But, now my hot keys for my aerospike engines and NERVes don't work.

This only happens on Duna and only if I have wing parts on a vessel.

I would really like to use Real Plume again and have my hot keys back. 

If someone could help me it would be great.

Also I installed it using ckan and I don't know where to find logs.

Help?

Which version of realplume did you install? . Did CKAN install the dependencies need for the mod? They should be installed by default but you may have to install them manually. The mod thread says:

Dependencies:
These are REQUIRED in order for RealPlume-Stock to work. These files are included in the download if downloading from spacedock or the packaged github release and do not need to be installed separately. If installing via CKAN these will be selected for you.

Module Manager

RealPlume

SmokeScreen

I would recommend reinstalling the mod manually to see if that makes a difference. these are all general things to troubleshoot mods; so I would recommend reporting your problem to the mod thread here.

Edited by Lapis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.