I read somewhere it was confirmed there will not be...

3 hours ago, Dale Christopher said:

I’m sceptical, time will tell. Sequels rarely live up to the original so probably a good idea to not expect too much anyway.

I'm cautiously optimistic, KSP is in the unique position that even a mere remake of the first game with some parts and systems added here and there is a great news, KSP1 was not coded for the use we make of it now and a complete rewrite is a main selling point for a sequel and the main extra announced features such as multiplayer, colonization, extraplanetary launchpads and interstellar travel are all things we wanted for years and are almost impossible on the code base of KSP1.

The main risk i foresee is if they decide to keep the same science/career system for the sake of "being traditional Kebal" and not changing it too much, the actual progression / management gameplay in KSP is at most considerable a placeholder. 

4 hours ago, Master39 said:

I'm cautiously optimistic, KSP is in the unique position that even a mere remake of the first game with some parts and systems added here and there is a great news, KSP1 was not coded for the use we make of it now and a complete rewrite is a main selling point for a sequel and the main extra announced features such as multiplayer, colonization, extraplanetary launchpads and interstellar travel are all things we wanted for years and are almost impossible on the code base of KSP1.

The main risk i foresee is if they decide to keep the same science/career system for the sake of "being traditional Kebal" and not changing it too much, the actual progression / management gameplay in KSP is at most considerable a placeholder. 

They confirmed the science/career system will be reworked, how its reworked is still up to speculation... but in comparison to what currently exists nearly anything would be better. I hope contracts still exist in some form, similar to the system  that exists in the real world, but I hope mining/selling resources will work as a method of funding too so after early game money becomes less of a limitation or there's an obvious exponential gap in costs. That way what has been done can be done a low comparative cost while still creating restriction along the way up. Then again, a science barrier could serve as a restriction as well. Theres many ways this could go and I hoped to start a discussion about it in some threads but they fell flat pretty quick :/

Edited by mcwaffles2003

5 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

but in comparison to what currently exists nearly anything would be better.

And that's why I'm optimistic.

Once confirmed that the base game is the same there aren't many things that they can do wrong and even those are easily fixed through modding.

For example we have colonization mods now that the game can barely support them, 100% implemented by modders working around the game limitations.

If the colonization system in KSP2 will be too easy and simple or too complex a mod to fix that would be a mere plugin.

Edited by Guest