[1.12.x] IXS Warpship & Spacedock Redocked

linuxgurugamer

On 8/7/2024 at 5:20 AM, aviin said:

I don't currently use this mod or Blueshift, but you definitely should take a look at this:

having a stroke rn as i realize there are TWO different IXS warpship mods. that's the one i've been using actually, and i'll go take my issues there, as it doesn't seem to be working right. thank you so much!

edit: nevermind, i stand here still suffering from my stroke because apparently it must just be an issue from how i installed the patch for the warpship parts. i will see if i can figure out what went wrong, and if there's an issue that can be fixed here or in the other thread i will return. thanks for helping me figure out what i was missing regardless!

Edited by Kazako

12 hours ago, Kazako said:

having a stroke rn as i realize there are TWO different IXS warpship mods. that's the one i've been using actually, and i'll go take my issues there, as it doesn't seem to be working right. thank you so much!

edit: nevermind, i stand here still suffering from my stroke because apparently it must just be an issue from how i installed the patch for the warpship parts. i will see if i can figure out what went wrong, and if there's an issue that can be fixed here or in the other thread i will return. thanks for helping me figure out what i was missing regardless!

How did you install the mods?  Best to use CKAN

25 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How did you install the mods?  Best to use CKAN

CKAN scares me and i prefer to manually install since i've already manually installed almost 150 mods. i tried using it once after finding a conflict between two system mods, but couldn't get it to work well enough for my needs and it gave me enough paranoia about my mods (even with a backup i made) that i've just given up on trying to use it for now.

6 minutes ago, Kazako said:

CKAN scares me and i prefer to manually install since i've already manually installed almost 150 mods. i tried using it once after finding a conflict between two system mods, but couldn't get it to work well enough for my needs and it gave me enough paranoia about my mods (even with a backup i made) that i've just given up on trying to use it 

Curious on how long it took you to install 150 mods manually 

34 minutes ago, Kazako said:

CKAN scares me and i prefer to manually install since i've already manually installed almost 150 mods. i tried using it once after finding a conflict between two system mods, but couldn't get it to work well enough for my needs and it gave me enough paranoia about my mods (even with a backup i made) that i've just given up on trying to use it for now.

28 minutes ago, Lonelykermit said:

Well, when I set up a new install, I can usually install 150-200 mods in about 15 minutes.  CKAN takes care of all the dependencies, and also will do updates when requested.

I'd suggest that you create a brand new install, set up CKAN to use that install (make sure you have the latest), and try installing all those 150 mods.  I suppose you might have some mods not in CKAN, but use CKAN for everything that you can and see how it goes

14 hours ago, Lonelykermit said:

honestly dunno how long it'd take to install them in one big go, but i've been slowly adding them over the course of my current savegame besides a big chunk of 80 or so that i updated from my previous addiction 2 years ago

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, when I set up a new install, I can usually install 150-200 mods in about 15 minutes.  CKAN takes care of all the dependencies, and also will do updates when requested.

I'd suggest that you create a brand new install, set up CKAN to use that install (make sure you have the latest), and try installing all those 150 mods.  I suppose you might have some mods not in CKAN, but use CKAN for everything that you can and see how it goes

this sounds like it's probably the right idea, i'll do this whenever i feel the need to try and use CKAN again.