Guys, I need inspiration to play KSP again

Fierce Wolf

Well, one thing that inspired me just now was going through my old screenshots (not a bad idea in and of itself) and in particular the reminders of the time I made some multi-mission craft.
To briefly explain, the AEV Shadrach was a 2-crew Mun lander that, when paired by a deep space propulsion module (swiftly replaced with a standardised tanker spacecraft) would fly to the Mun and to perform the landing mission I had at the time, return to LKO where the crew would return using a simple capsule type crew shuttle. When another Mun landing mission came along, it would receive a new tanker and a new crew would be flown up and it would repeat the process. To me, remembering the storied history of that ship was something I really want to recapture.

Also another idea from that game was an idea I tried: a general purpose spacecraft (able to land on the Mun, re-enter Kerbin from Minmus or beyond without ablative shields and coming in several variants), it's quite a challenge, trying to balance multiple conflicting requirements to create such a "jack of all trades" design but to some there is a sort of appeal to be able to perform almost any mission with an "off the shelf" design.

Also, if you are so inclined, you could chose to roleplay it with various subplots going on and factions within the space program competing for budgets and support of the administrators and Kerbinauts or even the major contractors influencing decisions regarding what parts to include in a program for example.

In the end, making a game enjoyable depends on what kind of things in this game appeal to you. Sometimes I enjoy some intensive engineering problem solving and sometimes I've found that simply taking a plane out for a joyride, cruising serenely and just watching the scenery go by or taking a Kerbal up in a rocket and paragliding around on the way down can be a nice diversion from the more "gamey" play that I find it easy to slip into in career.

AviosAdku

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 11:20 AM, papuchalk said:

actualy, i have been watching Kerbalism videos on youtube last few days, and it highly attracts me. Though it requires completely new career to be started, and i remember how painful are those real beginnings :D

@Fierce Wolf@papuchalk I have my career "Pro-Stock" challenge posted now... the link is in my signature.  If you've run a number of careers, it may be of interest.  It is deceptively difficult though; requires a lot of redesign, careful planning, and hangar/craft optimization. 

2 hours ago, XLjedi said:

@Fierce Wolf@papuchalk I have my career "Pro-Stock" challenge posted now... the link is in my signature.  If you've run a number of careers, it may be of interest.  It is deceptively difficult though; requires a lot of redesign, careful planning, and hangar/craft optimization. 

hey i started Kerbalism career, and i am addicted to it .. craaazy how ksp is entertaining me again

Ive been more than a year without playing, i tried with 1.9.1 and started using mechjeb and gravity turn mods, just for trying new things. And I love them, now playing KSP is more strategic than ever for me, I dont waste so much time with trial and error at launch, trajectories and so on. I find this way funnier than before, although i would not recommend this for new players, as i think the best experience is to learn by yourself the basis of navigation.

I recommend Scansat mod, it adds more depth to the game.

Also contract packs can give new ideas and challenges.

Another thing new for me are the relays, green monoliths, and new parts i for designing.

I'm going through this issue rn myself, but I find the only times I really want to come back and play is if I want to do something creative or excessively challenging. I'm not one to build big or complicated though. So generally I never actually achieve being neither of those things! :/ A good example of this is how I get excited about finally doing a mission to land and return from Eve, then once I start doing it I realize how much work I have to do and get discouraged. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.