KSP 1.9 Unity Crash and Freeze

Player.log - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tvNVMewj_34YQXmVX-Cbz6wtzJ3TFOPR

I have no mods installed. Am running KSP 1.9. I did a full clean install.

The game loads to the menu and once I click my save the game loads then the screen goes black and it freezes. The background noise from the game can still be heard but everything it frozen and nothing appears on screen.

I also play simple rockets 2 and experience crashes. I mention it because it also uses the newer version of unity. My game would not crash on ksp 1.7.3 and earlier. Possible unity could be the problem here.

System Specs 

RX 5700

16 GB RAM

Ryzen 3600

Edited by PatelPratham

By first run on KSP 1.9 had this freeze - all clicks were ignored, so I didn't proceeded enough to check if the thing would explode.

The Task Manager (to tell you the true, the Activities from MacOS) told me that KSP wasn't responding. But the memory consumption wasn't rising neither, so whatever was doing the dead loop that crashed inside KSP, it wasn't trashing the GC.

Weirdly enough, I fixed the issue by killing KSP and deleting the settings.cfg file.... Don't ask, it just worked for me.

15 minutes ago, Lisias said:

By first run on KSP 1.9 had this freeze - all clicks were ignored, so I didn't proceeded enough to check if the thing would explode.

The Task Manager (to tell you the true, the Activities from MacOS) told me that KSP wasn't responding. But the memory consumption wasn't rising neither, so whatever was doing the dead loop that crashed inside KSP, it wasn't trashing the GC.

Weirdly enough, I fixed the issue by killing KSP and deleting the settings.cfg file.... Don't ask, it just worked for me.

I tried that but no improvement;.;

I keep getting this message in the error.log --> 

d3d11.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module d3d11.dll at 0033:4800e5e0.

1 hour ago, Prathtel said:

I tried that but no improvement;.;

I keep getting this message in the error.log --> 

d3d11.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module d3d11.dll at 0033:4800e5e0.

The log on the OP didn't had any crash dumps... It ended apparently normally. =/

Try to use KSP in OpenGL to see what you get. The post below explains how to do it.

16 hours ago, Lisias said:

The log on the OP didn't had any crash dumps... It ended apparently normally. =/

Try to use KSP in OpenGL to see what you get. The post below explains how to do it.

I tried opengl and glcore but no improvement. opengl would not even load into the main menu while glcore would not load into my saved game.

7 minutes ago, Prathtel said:

I tried opengl and glcore but no improvement. opengl would not even load into the main menu while glcore would not load into my saved game.

Ugh.... Based on this info, I found this:

https://community.amd.com/thread/214662

It's something on AMD drivers, as it appears, and AMD is dragging their feet on this.

I found this by accident: https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-driver-adds-support-for-rx-5300m-fixes-crashing-issue-in-the-outer-worlds/

AMD is pushing out a new Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition driver release, version 19.12.1, and with it comes official support for the Radeon RX 5300M GPU for laptops. That's the main order of business, though it does also address a couple of bugs related to its Radeon RX 5700 series graphics cards.

Perhaps this can be of use, I hope!

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

I'm running out of ideas. :( Sorry.

That’s fine. At least your tried and I do appreciate it. For now I’m just gonna play on 1.7.3 since that is the last release before the unity game engine version was changed. 1.7.3 works fine but I do get screen flickers for some reason. Which is odd

12 hours ago, Prathtel said:

That’s fine. At least your tried and I do appreciate it. For now I’m just gonna play on 1.7.3 since that is the last release before the unity game engine version was changed. 1.7.3 works fine but I do get screen flickers for some reason. Which is odd

Flickering can be happening due your rig being beefy enough to render more frames than your monitor is able to take,

Check the Main Menu / Settings / Graphics page and mangle a bit with the options on the right panel (specially, V-Sync and Max Frame Rate).

4sepCE0.png

Don't try to make reasonable choices - go combinatorial analysis until you solve the problem. Once the problem is solved, you can tweak things to get the graphics you want.

Higher frame rates are not necessarily the best experience, and the V-Sync thingy can be both a bless as a plague, it depends highly of the Video Card  and the Monitor manufacturers/models you are using. I suggest you start with these ones - but since we can be dealing with a device driver glitch (otherwise Unity 2019 would be working, right?), anything goes. :P

------- post edit -------

i think you may be interested on this. :(

https://www.techspot.com/amp/news/84005-gamers-ditching-radeon-graphics-cards-over-driver-issues.html

---- post post edit ----

I found this:

TL;DR: Give DX9 a try:

1 hour ago, pmborg said:

The workaround is to force the loading of KSP 1.8.1 or 1.9 is to force a load using the old DX9 driver

"<path to KSP directory>\KSP_x64.exe" -force-d3d9
--or--(for steam)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe" -force-d3d9

Edited by Lisias
Post Post edit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.