A question on satellite positioning for radio network. Embedded - a mod request

Hello,

Recently, I have decided to expand on my realism overhaul experience, having installed two mods: Principia and RemoteTech.

My main question - and the reason why this thread was placed here - pertains to the methods used in order to set up satellite networks. Currently, I have a single communications satellite orbiting at a distance of roughly ten million meters, with an Ap-Pe difference of approximately fifty thousand meters. I plan to get four (or more) satellites into the same orbit, but said satellites must be positioned at certain angular intervals throughout said orbit. I believe I can safely assume that, were I to set the original probe as a target and set up an insertion trajectory that would place a second probe at a point in the orbit 90 degrees away from the former, I would not be able to rely on an "encounter" distance marker; not only is the encounter marker solely used for intercepting spacecraft, but the distance between the two "encounters" will be far too great and said marker would not appear. How would an experienced player go about this?

Secondly, I ask a simple question related to a mod. Currently, mechjeb is incompatible with principia. Since physically controlling a spacecraft is not exactly realistic, I ask whether there is a mod that implements a principia-compatible autopilot. I also ask if mechjeb can somehow be altered into compatibility.

That being said, I have considered learning kOS, but for some reason this non-object-oriented amalgamation of Java and some other mysterious language has never caught on to me (though I do admit that it may be the best option).

Thank you for your help and understanding,

Matuchkin.

@Matuchkin I was never patient enuff to actually *do* the math for orbits/mauevers, tho I do find it interesting.
When I was playing with RemoteTech, and KerbinGPS mods, I found this website *invaluable*. there are quite a few that do similar out there, but I always preferred this one, even for non-RemoteTech stuff. ie KerbalGPS constellations, where I created a 24-sat constellation around Kerbin, and a 12-sat around Mun.

This website has two methods:

• one for launching multiple sats on one launch
  • one for launching single sats on multiple launches

https://ryohpops.github.io/kspRemoteTechPlanner/

50 minutes ago, Draalo said:

Go to LKO and try having a manouver for rendevouz encounter. Dont burn it, move it by 90°, then burn it.

New Sat will be 90° in front/behind the old Sat.

Wow, I... somehow didn't think of that... Not sure how it will work with Earth, but I will certainly try this first and foremost.

doh... just realised youre not on a stock planetary system :face_palm:
That website *does* have a tab for adding/editing different planetary bodies, you might be able to still build out for whatever planet pack you are using... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.