Shogun Battleship

Just saw some news on steam that got me the most exited ive ever been in years. The C&C remasters are available for pre-purchase. And so far it seems to be pretty fantastic, remastered soundtrack, updated graphics and only minor additions/tweaks to gameplay/ui, basically the original Tiberian Dawn and Read Alert 1, but better.

The C&C games is one of the biggest parts of my childhood and are something i play pretty frequently even today and their soundtracks are something i listen to even more often than that (doing that right now).

So, what better to celebrate these news, than...

"Behold, the Shogun Battleship"

rfHwQuJ.png

My vision of it anyways. I decided to take the Shogun Battleship and make it more "realistic".

My original plan was to make one of the staples of the series, the mighty Mammoth Tank, but i taught this occasion needed something a bit bigger and more impressive.

Like i mentioned, i wanted to make the Shogun Battleship a little more "realistic", this meant adding stuff like Anti-Air guns/missiles, lifeboats, doors, radars, and other small details, and downsizing the main battery guns to a more realistic size. The guns are still like 500mm guns, witch is a bit ridiculous, but at-least it's a little more sane.

The Shogun Battleship is one of my favorite units out of all the C&C games and Red alert 3 is one of the ones i play the most. Say what you want about the amount of cheesecake, but other than the recourse system, i think it's pretty great.

I have actually been meaning to do a replica of the Shogun Battleship a long time ago, but never got around to doing it. I dunno why, but i guess i never had a full picture of what the model looks like up close, and how to transfer it into something functional, well detailed and properly sized (compared to real-life or KNS ship).

I think i nailed the other two parts pretty well, but functionality tough, let's just say there's a reason there isn't a shot of it in the water.

YmCxQEm.png

This build ended up being one of my biggest builds so far. It's about 180m in length, 50m wide and near 35m tall and has near 1900 parts.

I can't remember even a single build from the top of my head that would have had that many, i think the closets ive ever gotten was around 1500 parts with the 1:1 AN-225 and the Kerbinprise (1:1 Enterprise).

I decided that since this is such a special occasion for me personally, i should go all out with the build and put in all the details and make it BIG.

h1qKVcQ.png

y1kbRBW.png

This was with cheats on.

Then again, im kinda surprised i got the thing to stay together in the first place, as the construction is very complex and fragile.

Im not gonna be putting a download link or any further details, as there is a high chance im gonna redo this in more KNS style and upload it there.

I think the main reason is pretty obvious, but it's not the only one. For one, the main battery guns are just for looks and don't work, and it has a slight corruption on it as a result of a game crash (it's a very small part, but it likes to destroy quite a big part of the rear hull. You can actually see the damage on the shot where im approaching the water).

Oh, and there's also the huge lag that i have not experienced that bad since the test flight of the AN-225.

Overall im still pretty happy, as i think the Shogun Battleship just looks awesome, witch i think still makes this worthy of a proper post. I believe you could probably get this to work if you used vessel mover or something similar to teleport it to the water, but i like to do all my ship launches legit (or at-least semi-legit, basically with no-crash damage and unbrekable joints on), so it's just guess work at this point.

And there it is for you, one of my giant builds that didn't work out so well. I hope you enjoyed taking a look :).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.