[1.3.1] Ferram Aerospace Research: v0.15.9.1 "Liepmann" 4/2/18

ferram4

People are very willing to help you with Linux troubles, broomish, but this is not the thread for it. Head over to the Linux Support thread, lots of people who are familiar with common issues and are very helpful.

Nah, you're all in it for yourselves! Okay, Ill take my sorry ass over there.

Chastise me! Let me be your thousandth post!

Edited by broomish01

Well, I finally made a space plane with FAR. Took a long time, but yesterday, I found a design that looked like it would work. Today, I modified it in a way that made it from a hyper sonic plane, to a space plane that can reach orbit. I thank you so much for making this mod, for it gave me such a challenge in make a space plane that I only just managed to do it. Maybe I will be making large space planes that can take larger payloads than 8 passengers and some life support supplies into space soon.

FAR does account for sweep, yes. What sweep is ideal depends on how fast you are flying - swept wings are really only advantageous in transonic and supersonic flight.

I understand this.

Does FAR handle the mechanics behind the reasoning for blunt stubby wings on hypersonic planes though? The X-15's wings aren't swept all that much...

4 - neither FAR nor AJE calculate how much of the intake is exposed, so yes, you'll get the full area regardless

Possible option is to use ModuleManager to clone the intake part to use specifically for that aircraft and also modify the intake settings to give it less area. I have no idea how intakes work nor have I touched AJE since 0.24 but just tossing that out there. Maybe more work than it's worth, although if you're going for an aircraft recreation like FAR is good at, might be worthwhile

Mate im not asking for it or anything like that im just mentioning it and im not even being completely serious, you guys have no sense of humour. .

All the "humour" was sucked out of the Win64 issue some time ago. Please don't start this again, and particularly not in this thread. It has nothing whatsoever to do with FAR.

All the "humour" was sucked out of the Win64 issue some time ago. Please don't start this again, and particularly not in this thread. It has nothing whatsoever to do with FAR.

Well no its somewhat relevant to far seen as I was discussing using it on win64. Start what again? Talking about far with win64? Why not? I am no longer asking for it to released for the 64 version I stopped after asking that once and being told no immediately im not entirely sure who you are to ask me not to talk about these things in this thread or why you should care to be honest.

Because history, because this is a topic that tends to go up in flames very quickly. And because discussing it here contributes nothing to this excellent mod besides degrading the signal-to-noise ratio.

Several mod authors, Ferram4 included, have explained their position on Win64 repeatedly. Unless things have changed radically that position is something like "want nothing to do with it, it's too buggy to support". Ergo, asking about Win64 here is a) unproductive and B) liable to start another flame war and/or annoy our great modding community.

If you want support on Win64, try this thread instead.

Reading it may also give you some idea as to why this is such a contentious topic.

Edited by steve_v

Is this compatible with Outer Planets mod ? At entering Sarnus i got no drag at all... Reinstalled OPM and FAR. No change.

I think every planet needs an entry in the FAR config file, specifying viscosity and reference temp. Not 100% sure though.

It is compatible, but will default to Earth-default properties there. Either you're using an old version of FAR, OPM is not set up properly period, or a third mod is interfering. In any case, you actually need to supply logs and mod lists to have any hope of getting any support whatsoever, just like everyone else has to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.