B9 Partswitch - fatal Error

Hello everyone, a few months ago I started to download some mods for ksp and everything went fine until I decide to get one that needs B9 Partswitch to work. I then realize that B9 was already installed and I just launch the game but I see afatal error report with multiple thing apparently missing. I download the last update of B9 partswitch and it almost works completely : there is one last thing considered missing and this is a tank type named "Optab".

1588445718-20200502204236-1.jpg

My problem now is that I just don't know how to get this working

I will be thankfull for any help

Which mod did you add that caused the error? What version of KSP are you using and what mods are installed?

It's possible that the mod requires a newer version of B9 part switch than you currently have installed, or you haven't installed a dependency, another mod required by the mod you just added to make it work correctly. Are you sure that the versions you have are the correct versions for your version of KSP? This is a common source of problems.

If you're on Windows, stick this in windows explorer:

C:\Users\your_username_here\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program (swap your_username_here for your real username!)

Open the file called Player.txt and try to find the same B9 Part Switch error in there, it might tell you which mod tried to look for 'Optab' which will make it a lot easier to fix the problem. Even if you can't find the error message, upload that file to a file sharing site and put a link to it here, reading log files isn't easy if you don't know much about how computer code works.

jimmymcgoochie

The mod I wanted to use is the Shuttle Orbiter Construction kit. It is a bit old but I know it can at least work like almost completely without B9 Partswitch two separated parts are stacked as one unique part, but its the only issue I had until I decide to put B9 Partswitch again in the files to see if it will solve the problem, but the fatal error happend.

I use the last version of KSP (1.9.x I suppose)

the mods that I use are :

Firespitter, OPT/OPT Legacy, ToolbarControl, RasterPropMonitors, Kerbal Reusability expansion, KSP Wheel, Mk2 Expansion, Planetary Baselnc, the hole ASET bundle (Landinglegs/Props/Advanced IVA)

I tried to find the file you mantionned but it seems to not exist :/

When I try to research it it finds it but I still cannot open it

@TRD_Theddy if you type '@' before someone's name it will tag them, like I just did. They'll get a notification that they've been tagged so they know to pay attention (or deliberately ignore you :rolleyes:).

Can you get to the folder? The file is a .txt file so any text editor including notepad should be able to open it. AppData is a hidden folder so you may need to enable 'show hidden items' to see it- on Windows 10 it should be at the top of any windows explorer page. If you still can't get to it, try opening the file called KSP.txt inside the KSP directory itself, it contains some log information (but less than Player.txt) so it might help.

I tried installing Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit in KSP 1.9.1 and it worked fine for me with B9 part switch version 2.16.0, I suspect something other than SOCK  (nice acronym :P) is causing the problem. Try removing SOCK and see if the problem continues- if it does then something else is to blame, if not then SOCK is causing the issue.

1.9.x refers to any version of 1.9, you're probably on 1.9.1 which is the most recent release.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

@jimmymcgoochie Thanks for the tip!

OMG I tried a lot of thing and it finally worked!

Some parts that I never use ( drop tanks) of the OPT Legacy mod (that I almost never use) were causing the problem. So I just removed the problematic files and everything works like I wanted

Thanks for your help!!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/3/2020 at 6:24 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

quite a lot of time and effort to figure out; well done for fixing this o

@The Blue Falcon

For anyone looking for the path that causes this issue, it is a folder called "dropTank" in the path below.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OPT_Legacy\Parts\MiscParts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.