What do you use most often Mods or vanilla parts?

Grand Lander

What do you use the most?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use the most?

• Mods
    • Vanilla Parts
    • Both

I figure that if the devs didn't think we could get somewhere with vanilla parts, either they would have provided a part for it, said they were providing a part for it, or not made the objective where they placed it.

So, vanilla for me all the way, with the occasional mechjeb part once I've done it a dozen times vanilla-only.

it depends

I dont use overpowered mods, or adds other rockets. I am happy with existed vanilla parts.

I use often crew tank and moon-buggy mod to build moon-rover.

and mechjeb?

I have doubt about it.

mechjeb take funs of kerbal space program away sometimes but really useful for example safe warp time, coordinated landing or somewhat.

For me it's sort of a cycle. I start off with the vanilla parts, then find a mod on the forums and think "this is awesome". Install it and start playing with it. Then I find another mod, then another, then another. At some point I go beserk and some tiny voice in my head screams "what's with all these parts and mods?" Then I completely uninstall KSP and start from scratch with only vanilla parts. Right now I just restarted the cycle and am currently using the fixed camera mod and the crewtank for rescue missions.

Vanilla but with Mech-Jeb, damned robotics(though I've yet to use it other than for messing about), Crew tank and Carts. For the things they make possible that are impractical or impossible with vanilla.

Mech-Jeb lets me complete question sheets or write essays while playing KSP, Damned gives me props and articulation, Crew tank gives me space stations and carts gives me compact rovers.

Basically; My rockets are stock, my payloads are mods.

Edited by baked_by_oven

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.