What do you use most often Mods or vanilla parts?

Grand Lander

What do you use the most?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use the most?

• Mods
    • Vanilla Parts
    • Both

Used to be a novapunch freak, but i suppose it made it a bit too easy. I'm basically all stock now except for the cart download. I think I read somewhere that there will be a rover included in .17 release so hopefully i'll be all stock from then on.

I've tried a number of the mods, but they always feel overpowered to me and make it too easy. (maybe it's just that the stock parts are underpowered!).

I do love MechJeb, but I use it mainly for the ship information these days as I'm trying to show in my Let's Play how to do all the different manoeuvres manually. Once I show all that I'll be back to using it for the routine stuff (and probably allow me to concentrate less on flying and more on talking)

I dont always use mods...

...but when I do, I use awesome ones! :cool:

Jokes aside, my rockets all rely entirely on stock parts. The few mods I used so far are:

-the crew tank, for rescue missions, orbital habitats and surface habitats.

-the fixed cameras mod, because it's awesome, and adds realism in a number of situations (onboard cameras during launch, automated scout probes...)

-ISA MapSat, because... science!

-mechjeb, for creating unmanned rockets and for the useful stats it provides, but NOT for piloting (would take the fun out, IMO)

-I started to play around with Nova's Probodobono... Probotono... Protobyno... ah, the hell with it, with Nova's something-dyne probe-pack, and will use it more in the future! :)

EDIT: oh, and it's not a mod proper, but... the Fuel Bug Fix, of course.

EDIT 2: Finally decided to install the Carts plugin... and going to use it a LOT in the near future! :)

Edited by Enture

mods are an interesting thing in ksp, however finding a balance between mod and stock really depends on the game features you need/want.. for everyone it is different i.e I feel novapunch rockets are cheap but the kethane mod isnt, likewise some people will think otherwise but it really all depends on a personal playing style

I don't want to mess around and debug something, only to lose access to it in the next upgrade anyway, so I only use a couple of mods that fill important gaps in the game as it is in its incomplete state: Tosh's cars for rovers, floodlights, and just 'cause they're pretty, running lights.

I mainly use vanilla. Mainly because I am lazy and can't be bothered to download mods! I used to use them more, but most of my favourites are now redundant because vanilla parts have filled in the gaps, or (as in the case of MechJeb) I now know how to run a ship well enough that I don't need help.

I used only vanilla parts till last night I convinced myself that the Orbital Construction plugin/mod makes sense. So I put a spacedock in orbit around the Mun and have been running part deliveries for the last 3 launches. The goal is to be able to build crafts in space I couldn't build on Kerbin due to the need to launch them through an atmosphere.

I'll probably go back to playing just vanilla but it gave me a great excuse to practice orbital rendezvous.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.