a lot of novice doubts

Hello everyone

First I thank you in advance if someone answers me

The last time I used ksp was version 1.2.2 (I think ... one of the best and most stable versions). leave the game for personal reasons .....

And now I got version 1.9.1, so you know, I already have a lot of doubts:

1-how do i remove the eva parachutes from the kerbales? I mean, they look very bad being in space, or in an eva in a body without an atmosphere. I don't see any command to remove them (like helmets) ... I would prefer an answer that is typical of the game, not a mod ... and if there is no way ... what "simple" mod does it?

2-drastically change everything, from the values of a tank to new things ... I take it into account not to use anything "old" (my old ships). but the biggest problem was the graphics .... before with verion 1.2.2, the RAM reached up to 3-4 gb .... now it reaches up to 6gb! from ram ... WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING ON MY PC, and the fps fell very, very much ...
especially with the fps is where I need help, being in space, if I look at kerbin, it slows down a lot ... to the limit of the "yellow letters" of the clock ... even lowering the graphics to the absolute minimum, it is like this.
If you have any trick, mod, community guide or whatever helps to improve the fps, please do not hesitate to answer.

Thanks a lot

I'm recently returned, myself.  I find the game so different that I'm having to relearn almost everything again - which is fun.

They've added quite a bit visually since I was last here, and that kind of stuff tends to be pretty demanding on a system.  I'm certain that much of the other stuff (not visuals) is also pulling at system resources.  Thankfully - I've (kinda) kept up pace through the years with my system builds (also playing on a desktop not a laptop) - so my system can handle KSP in its current state... but like you, I see it struggling a bit at times.

I'd suggest playing with the settings.  Turn off the usual stuff that drags at games and see if it helps.

As far as the 'don't like the 'chute in space thing' - I don't think that's part of Vanilla.  Good luck resolving it.

2 hours ago, pipi22 said:

1-how do i remove the eva parachutes from the kerbales?

You mean the backpack with the parachutes? Well, your Kerbals never know if this is the time that they'll decide to just walk home, so they never leave the capsule without it. (In other words: in stock you cannot remove them. I'm also not much into modding, so I don't know of a mod that removes them.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.