Flights of Fancy Ep 2: The F-111B Aardvark and the TFX

The Original Joint Strike Fighter

Forty years before the JSF Program most of us are familiar with took off, there was another program with a similar goal. How did it turn out? And what can we learn from it?

Enjoy my second Flights of Fancy! The Tactical Fighter Experimental (TFX) program was a very intersting program, in that it perfectly encapsulates what makes the Aerospace Defense industry so unique. It's a story of difficult engineering challenges, impossible tasks, political maneuvering, and a rivalry within the Department of Defense. Oh, and there's an awesome craft for you to download and fly at the end of it too!

F6WN7ue.jpg

@HB Stratos and I have worked hard for the past few months to create this masterpiece of stock mechanics. It's filled to the gills with functionality, so I gurantee you'll enjoy it. 

It has:

Swing wings

All-moving Stabilators

Stock Landing Gear

Full Slats/Flaps

(armed variant - coming soon) - An internal Missile Bay

(armed variant - coming soon) - moving pylons

Most of this is powered by the Award Winning Bendy TechTM.  Find out more here:

Craft Download:

https://kerbalx.com/servo/F-111A-Aardvark

Happy Flying!

56 minutes ago, Servo said:

The Original Joint Strike Fighter

Forty years before the JSF Program most of us are familiar with took off, there was another program with a similar goal. How did it turn out? And what can we learn from it?

An incredible amount of time and work must have went into the making of this Video, I say it is a must see!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.