Easier way to get into water?

fox429

Hey guys,

I love this game so much and what it allows me to do, but Im having a bit of an issue. I was wondering if anyone had any better ideas for me to get my battleships and destroyers into the water in a more efficient way. Right now I just put a cart with a decoupler on the bottom, bunch of landing gear and just drive it off the runway and into the water. This works about 10 percent of the time lol. Is there a better way? Id like to have a bunch of ships in the water and have naval battles, but its difficult to get anymore ships in the water because they just break up on land before I can get them in the water.

screenshot22.png

screenshot21.png

Heres what the ground mode looks like.

screenshot3.png

Thanks!

i have no issue with using multiple roaver bodies from tosh's cart mod, wheels retrack when in water never breaks up.

If using wheels and carts is the only way to do it right now, Im okay with that. I was just wondering if there's a way to spawn my ships in the water from the beginning. If not its no biggie. Thanks for the reply.

You could:

• use a lot more struts (but I presume you already tried that),

• air launch and use lots of parachutes,

• use the debug console to turn off parts breaking.

Cool looking ships, by the way.

Thanks man. I liked the idea of using the debug console, so I did it. Worked out great! Here is what they ended up looking like.

screenshot37.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.