what to do with the SEQ-3 cargo storage unit and its content?

I have figured out that you have to put other machines inside it. SO now my rocket has this SEQ-3 unit with some impressive-sounding instruments inside.

Except, I can't make them do anything. I click on them, I get nothing to do. I land on Mun, take the astronaut on an EVA and move on top of the unit, but I am unable to deply the instruments, or do whatever else they are supposed to do.

So, what am I supposed to do with this thing?

If you right-click on the unit, you'll can open up it's inventory, where it shows you the different instruments inside. You can left-click drag them out - just like you can in the VAB - and if you drag them to a nearby Kerbal, it should open up their inventory, which you can drop the instruments into. From there, there should be an icon that appears next to the instrument in the inventory, which you can click in to deploy it :) 

Deployable science parts need to be deployed by a Kerbal to do anything. Right-click the SEQ-3 (or SEQ-9) and pick any of the parts inside it, then hover over a Kerbal and drop it into the empty square in their personal inventory. Move the Kerbal somewhere on the ground and then click the little icon beside the deployable part (it looks like an arrow with a circle) to deploy it. When the part appears in front of your Kerbal, press space to deploy it. For best results, deploy the central control station FIRST, then power supplies, and finally science experiments. If using CommNet you will probably need the deployable comm dish anywhere beyond Kerbin's SOI. You should also set them up on the Kerbin-facing side of the Mun to maintain communications.

Note- science experiments should be deployed by a scientist for faster science generation and solar panels/RTGs should be deployed by an engineer for greater power production; in both cases higher level Kerbals give greater rewards but for engineers they really need to be level 3 or above to make a noticeable difference.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.