Value Cannot be Null

My main save file with mostly all my important builds is now corrupted and says “Error accessing this save” and on the bottom of it, it says “Value cannot be null”. I play on steam and tried going to the steam community for help but it didn’t help does anyone on here know how to fix it?

Try validating your files in Steam first, probably not the correct solution, but it's a simple check.   Right click the Game in your library, Properties, Local Files, Verify Local Files. 

If that doesn't work, We'll need some logs. 

But Honestly, it seems your save is borked, along with the logs, post a link to the save, maybe somebody can find a solution. 

Also, there is a method for moving VAB/SPH builds between saves, so you might lose the save, but not the designs. 

If checking the files doesn't work, try this:

1. Make a new save game in KSP (if your original was in career mode, a new career save etc.) - try to use the same settings that you're using in the current, broken save
  2. Go into KSP/saves to the folder with the same name as your old, currently broken save (e.g. if you called it Career 1, then it will be the Career 1 folder)
  3. Go into the backups folder and copy the most recent backup file (persistent date+time.sfs)
  4. Go to KSP/saves and then into the new save's folder (the one you made in step 1 e.g. Career 2)
  5. Paste the file you copied in step 3 into this folder
  6. In KSP, in the new save, click 'load save' then pick the file you just copy+pasted and see if the game will load it: if it does, problem solved; if not try an earlier backup save from the broken career. If none of those work, you may have to start from the beginning again.

• 1 year later...
  1. Make a new save game in KSP (if your original was in career mode, a new career save etc.) - try to use the same settings that you're using in the current, broken save
  2. Go into KSP/saves to the folder with the same name as your old, currently broken save (e.g. if you called it Career 1, then it will be the Career 1 folder)
  3. Go into the backups folder and copy the most recent backup file (persistent date+time.sfs)
  4. Go to KSP/saves and then into the new save's folder (the one you made in step 1 e.g. Career 2)
  5. Paste the file you copied in step 3 into this folder
  6. In KSP, in the new save, click 'load save' then pick the file you just copy+pasted and see if the game will load it: if it does, problem solved; if not try an earlier backup save from the broken career. If none of those work, you may have to start from the beginning again.

Thank you, this helped me Fix my ("Slightly" Modded save, and now everything works, I tried to save though and hit F4 instead of F5...and I closed it on Accident XD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.