i cant customise my profile because of my file size is there any way to help?

Probro

i love the forums here but when it comes to customising your profile it becomes a pain to do, i see everyone with amazing profile pictures and because of it i want to get one of my own, so i decided to load up some mods, build a craft, send it into an elliptical orbit around kerbin, wait for the right moment and BAM screenshot, i wanted to post it to the forums and ask squad to put it in the 1.10 loading screen but i dont know how to insert image from url, i ran a test picture from imjur and decided to see  if it would work but the box would just go red, im not a technical person and i know i could just look at some tutorials but there isnt any that i can find, i also tried to set is as my profile cover but its 2mb instead of the 512 kb, can anyone help me?

Moved to Network.

I linked this one to you before, try reading it, there is a lot of helpful stuff in it to get you started:

And contained in that short easy to read thread is this link:

The magnum Opus of forum tutorials.

I would advise reading those.  They are pinned in easy to find locations at the top of a couple of the sub forums.   Each sub usually has a few pinned threads that are worth perusing as they contain usually vital information for that sub forum. 

To post a pic, Host it on a service like Imgur, right click the pic, "Copy Image Location", paste that into your thread.

As to resizing a pic file, a quick google search for that should find you one of dozens of apps that will do that for you.  I usually use Paint, cause it came with windows and it does all I need. 

9 minutes ago, Probro said:

i also tried to set is as my profile cover but its 2mb instead of the 512 kb, can anyone help me?

You have to reduce file size, I was just doing this now actually.

There are many websites that let you do this (e.g. https://www.reduceimages.com/ ),  reduce your image to 25% quality (don't try reducing lengthxwidth of image), and then drag + drop onto the prompt given on the forums.

Edited by Aniruddh
Nevermind, already suggested by poster above

21 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Moved to Network.

I linked this one to you before, try reading it, there is a lot of helpful stuff in it to get you started:

And contained in that short easy to read thread is this link:

The magnum Opus of forum tutorials.

I would advise reading those.  They are pinned in easy to find locations at the top of a couple of the sub forums.   Each sub usually has a few pinned threads that are worth perusing as they contain usually vital information for that sub forum. 

To post a pic, Host it on a service like Imgur, right click the pic, "Copy Image Location", paste that into your thread.

As to resizing a pic file, a quick google search for that should find you one of dozens of apps that will do that for you.  I usually use Paint, cause it came with windows and it does all I need. 

thanks gargamel, however i have tried every method in the book and a random image fine resizing website seems to do it for me, and also i need a phone number to start a imjur account and i use desktop, i tried to get help but they said its mandatory so...

Edited by Probro

There are many other image hosting services other than imgur.  Pick one.     It doesn't matter where the pic is, you can right click on it and link it here.

firefox_copy_image_location.gif

That is taken straight from the google search for "Open Image Location"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.