[Completed] JNSQ Space Race 2: Two Race, Two Space

Just now, GuessingEveryDay said:

Maybe make it a trilogy? Whoever makes it to the Mun first gets 30 points, and then Minmus for 40 points. And then go to Duna with 50 points for whoever gets there first.

yeah

should we make like a banner that tells people we're part of this challenge

4 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Maybe I should change it to go to Duna first?

Now that's a proper challenge! Mun landings are easy enough, but it took a nuclear mothership and a pretty significant mining operation on Ike to make a round trip to Duna with a lot of mod parts involved. I could probably cut down on the number of crew and use either NERVs or Wolfhounds to propel the ship but in pure stock it's going to be a much more interesting challenge.

Minmus is actually easier to land on than the Mun, the little delta-V you need to get to Minmus over the Mun is repaid several times over by the much lower orbital speeds meaning landings and returns are both much easier. If anything, Mun and Minmus should be rewarded equally.

Or we could shake things up and activate Minmus' Principia orbit (some minor config hacking editing would be needed but it's pretty easy to do) which puts it inside the Mun's orbit and use that as an easier first target before the Mun.

2 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Let's hope it doesn't end up like the Star Wars prequels and sequels.

hopefully...

5 minutes ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

yeah

should we make like a banner that tells people we're part of this challenge

but my signature can't fit any more...

2 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Now that's a proper challenge! Mun landings are easy enough, but it took a nuclear mothership and a pretty significant mining operation on Ike to make a round trip to Duna with a lot of mod parts involved. I could probably cut down on the number of crew and use either NERVs or Wolfhounds to propel the ship but in pure stock it's going to be a much more interesting challenge.

Minmus is actually easier to land on than the Mun, the little delta-V you need to get to Minmus over the Mun is repaid several times over by the much lower orbital speeds meaning landings and returns are both much easier. If anything, Mun and Minmus should be rewarded equally.

Or we could shake things up and activate Minmus' Principia orbit (some minor config hacking editing would be needed but it's pretty easy to do) which puts it inside the Mun's orbit and use that as an easier first target before the Mun.

↑ What he said ↑

Edited by Misguided_Kerbal

okay UKSR flag development is delayed to later this day

7 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

maybe something more stylish?

yeah maybe an illustrated race but instead of idk cars it's rockets racing around kerbin and their is JNSQ Race on maybe the mun

also can someone maybe illustrate this and then show it to us and then we'll vote if it is good or bad

Edited by Kraken that doesn't exist

7 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Or our flag with a link to the thread.

yes and then maybe my idea attached to our flags

or maybe my idea and then all our flag ideas with a link to our profiles if you can do that if not my last idea

maybe my last idea could be like this

[kerbin in backround]                     [jnsq] [mun in backround] [race]

[rocket] [rocket] [rocket] [rocket]

/\           /\           /\            /\

[flag]     [flag]      [flag]      [flag]

8 minutes ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

yes and then maybe my idea attached to our flags

or maybe my idea and then all our flag ideas with a link to our profiles if you can do that if not my last idea

maybe my last idea could be like this

[kerbin in backround]                     [jnsq] [mun in backround] [race]

[rocket] [rocket] [rocket] [rocket]

/\           /\           /\            /\

[flag]     [flag]      [flag]      [flag]

I'll see if I can make that

also, I updated the OP. Go check it out!

So turns out the only software that i know how to use makes a bad flag so i am just making a really bad square logo of Koviet Union's space agency, the Советское Союз Космического Агентства (it means soviet union because it could only translate for soviet) and i will show the logo in a few minutes or something

1 minute ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

I was considering to be that, but couldn't think up a new flag.

how about you be russia and have russian flag and i be soviet union with soviet union flag like how @Lewie has the US flag

edit jsut realised you already in the thing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.