List of mods

Iodyne

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this but I didn't see a general FAQ nor this answered in the guidelines (it is very possible I'm just blind), but... Is there anything against posting a thread containing links to other mods (forum, github/spacedock/etc., and/or even direct DLs) without explicit permission from the mods' OPs?

Asking with the idea of a recommended mods thread in mind (specifically not a modpack that redistributes modowners' work, rather just links to it). Perfectly fine if answer is "NO;" just wondering.

2 minutes ago, hemeac said:

There's an outdated thread/spreadsheet that attempted to collate mods: 

I should add that it is one of the sticky posts in the releases, so I would assume that any list you make would be within the rules.

Thanks; yeah if I were to it'd probably be somewhat like this but with better readability and ease. Although I'm not keeping up to date on my kerbal versions rn (on 1.8) so probably won't get to this for a while.

23 hours ago, Iodyne said:

Thanks; yeah if I were to it'd probably be somewhat like this but with better readability and ease. Although I'm not keeping up to date on my kerbal versions rn (on 1.8) so probably won't get to this for a while.

Essentially, the forum, Ckan, and Spacedock are the list of maintained mods. 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great idea, but at this point, there have probably been thousands of mods created for Ksp. It is a Sisyphean task to keep it up to date every time the game updates.  
Maybe a list of mods not hosted on the major platforms would be useful though.

44 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great idea, but at this point, there have probably been thousands of mods created for Ksp. It is a Sisyphean task to keep it up to date every time the game updates.  
Maybe a list of mods not hosted on the major platforms would be useful though.

Yeah well I wouldn't make it EVERY mod

If I did it I would probably just have the ones of the last two or three versions and have them listed in a way that makes it easy to apply lots of mods without conflicts.

I'm essentially already keeping lists like this for myself so I just figured making it public and making it more readable could be useful. But I totally understand the thankless nature of it and I very well may not do it at all. Thanks for the feedback.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.