0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

You're welcome :) The bottom grey area is the "last sequence" of the signal (the very brief one, lasting only 3 seconds or so). It looks like a part of the main picture, but moved to the right a bit (see the broad white band). As for the black end, this is just the software trying to decode when the signal's already over, don't worry about it.

UiTDB.jpg

So far, everybody seems to assume the red beam is being emitted towards the top of the picture by the pyramid... but doesn't it rather look like an arrow pointing down at the pyramid?

I think that red line is just a demarcation, separating the left/right sides.

From what I can gather from the image itself, this is my hypothesis:

The three dots on the right represent the inner three planets.

The Yellow dot at the bottom right is Kerbol.

The red line represents a demarcation point between the left/right sides of the image.

The strange hieroglyph (for lack of a better word) in the upper left is the KSP logo itself.

The four "Kerbals" in the image are most likely KSP structures (VAB etc)

The planetoid next to the hieroglyph is the Kerbal planet itself.

I think the pyramid structure is meaningless.

How do you guys demodulate the signal? I'd have no clue how to even start something like that. To me it mostly just sounded like a phone dialing random numbers really fast. Is there a program for that or something?

So these are all the images we have at the moment. Anyone else want to give it a crack? This is one of the most interesting easter eggs I've seen in a game so far.

Sound file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vncenly84hxrapj/secretsound.wav

My attempt:

fullpicture.png

Whaliin's attempt:

vqs405.jpg

Just a second, the second picture, the huge hill/mountain like structure, there is an arrow pointing to it. We need to search for the tallest mountain on duna, the three planets are Moho, Eve and Kerbin! They are alligned with the sun! It all makes sense now!

How do you guys demodulate the signal? I'd have no clue how to even start something like that. To me it mostly just sounded like a phone dialing random numbers really fast. Is there a program for that or something?

When you figured out how to use the program wired2thenet recommended you, head over there and play with us! :)http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/18229-We-are-probes-Talk-in-SSTV

I'm surprised this isn't in this thread yet.

[spoiler=Silly spoiler tag is silly. :P]DB1Tj.jpg

I suppose it's not really an easter egg, since Harv announced it'd be in the game, but I think it's quite cool regardless. It's also super-easy to find even without cheaty add-ons.

What is the mod you use for the 6 wheel cart?

This is the best image I have got so far

fullpicture.png

Looks like 4 kerbals or aliens and a signal linking duna and ike. Maybe a signature or message in the top left possibly the face on duna in the bottom right. No idea what the three dots are? (some thing may be better seen in better renders)

Look at how the grey line coming out of the bottom of pyramid points to the bottom polar cap of Duna. Does this possibly mean the pyramid is located at the southern cap?

Look at how the grey line coming out of the bottom of pyramid points to the bottom polar cap of Duna. Does this possibly mean the pyramid is located at the southern cap?

My guess is that the Orange orb is the Sun and the three Orbs above it are indicating which planet the visitors are from - third rock from the Sun - Kerbin