Do flags in KSP count as debris or anything else that takes up file space?

Im asking this because I had recently had a problem with my KSP Xbox save where an “error” message popped up saying that it can’t save anymore and it’s telling me to reduce ship size or clear something like debris i think it said, so I’m deleting the debris, and it seems to be helping, and I also have a lot of flags, so I was wondering if the flags might also be also be part of the problem, but for now, it only seems to be the debris causing the problem.

I would think that unless you had thousands of flags, it wouldn't be a problem, but I'm not entirely sure on how the game would store them.  I would also guess that since your getting into save file size issues, your HDD would have to be full.   Can you post a screen shot of the exact error message you received? 

47 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

I would think that unless you had thousands of flags, it wouldn't be a problem, but I'm not entirely sure on how the game would store them.  I would also guess that since your getting into save file size issues, your HDD would have to be full.   Can you post a screen shot of the exact error message you received? 

I tried linking the post I had made about this on Reddit(my profile is u/SpaceMinion7), but it’s not letting me, so what the error had said was “COULD NOT SAVE GAME We tried saving your data, but it’s too large to fit in our slot! Reduce ship size or delete some vessels

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.