My overengineered kerbalism eve lander.

I just want two word.  EVE SUCKS.

screenshot4.png

Even more taxing with limited engine ignitions.

And the gauge is lying, I'm in a stable orbit, besides, even if I was lying, there is so much dv and 5 redundant engines, with 2 ignitions more on the thuds and 12 more on the poodle.

I call it GTFO mk1, here it is, it is a lander for my Kerbalism grand tour.

defaultVABEveLeavemk.png

MK2 will fit in a faring(will move fins to center core) and will have a Eve Electroglider drop it. Progress is good. My lander is bootleg kingofnowhere but I did a lot of modifications to it. Work on glider and fairing, and considering cool ideas for this. Will use inflatable heatshield to protect it. Its hard to make and eve lander that can take off if one engine fails, so I modified it so that the rocket has and excessive 0.5 twrI believe. Then I can shut off/limit engine's thrust limiter the opposing engine to get rid of twisting forces and reach orbit with the second stage's excessive margin. I can handle a center engine failure with ease and a booster failure with some stress. I'm proud.

Edited by Single stage to ocean

8 hours ago, Single stage to ocean said:

I just want two word.  EVE SUCKS.

<snip>

I call it GTFO mk1, here it is, it is a lander for my Kerbalism grand tour.

defaultVABEveLeavemk.png

<snip>

LMAO! :joy: That name is PERFECT! And yes, the only thing holding eve in orbit is not gravity, but the fact it sucks hard enough to stay where it is!

I do like the design, I am in the middle of planning a similar mission now. :grin:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.