Protractor - Rendezvous Plugin - Under New Management!

mrenigma03

For some reason when I load this mod I can no longer see any of the planets or orbits in the Map screen. I have the following add-on's running: MechJeb2.0.8.0 , MechJeb Pods and Probes 0.20.0, Lazor Docking Cam, Subassembly Manager 0.1.2, CrewManifest 0.5.4.0, Kerbal Engineer 0.6.0.3 and MapSat's Dev release.

Any idea's what might be going wrong, I'm just putting the protractor directory into the Game Data folder. The mod itself looks to be working just fine, it's just when I hit "M" to see the map, nothing but stars.

Can you uninstall Protractor (just delete the folder from Game Data) and see if the problem resolves itself? I suspect it may be something caused by either KSP or one of the other mods. If not, then try removing the other mods one at a time, with Protractor installed, to at least narrow down the conflict if one exists. If not, I would need to see if there is anything related to Protractor in your output_log file in the KSP_Data directory.

For some reason when I load this mod I can no longer see any of the planets or orbits in the Map screen. I have the following add-on's running: MechJeb2.0.8.0 , MechJeb Pods and Probes 0.20.0, Lazor Docking Cam, Subassembly Manager 0.1.2, CrewManifest 0.5.4.0, Kerbal Engineer 0.6.0.3 and MapSat's Dev release.

Any idea's what might be going wrong, I'm just putting the protractor directory into the Game Data folder. The mod itself looks to be working just fine, it's just when I hit "M" to see the map, nothing but stars.

Have you been following the ISA thread? The dev release of ISA 4 is full of mem leaks and other issues. Im running now (or have run for testing) all the mods you have listed and I have not noticed anything that causes issues with Protractor.

• 2 weeks later...

Were you able to resolve this?

Interface requests:

1) Change default skin to the MechJeb2 skin (very nice) or make selectable like chatterer

2) Move icon position to top-left next to crew manifest and kerbal alarm clock or make selectable like chatterer

3) Make it a partless addon like chatterer and include the parts in an optional zip file so people with flights using the part(s) won't lose them

Interface requests:

1) Change default skin to the MechJeb2 skin (very nice) or make selectable like chatterer

2) Move icon position to top-left next to crew manifest and kerbal alarm clock or make selectable like chatterer

3) Make it a partless addon like chatterer and include the parts in an optional zip file so people with flights using the part(s) won't lose them

I'll agree with all of this, if it's feasible, as long as 1 is selectable rather than fixed. I personally don't like translucent backgrounds, but as long as I can change it I'm fine, and more options is almost always good.

This is one of my favorite mods and one I couldn't do without. I don't know if there's another mod around that does this already, but here are some things I would love to see:

1. Phase angles and orbit angles in the map view, like a literal protractor on the screen.
  2. The orbital angle of placed maneuver nodes, so you can place or move nodes to the correct ejection angles ahead of time, and drag them out to the required delta-v.

This is one of my favorite mods and one I couldn't do without. I don't know if there's another mod around that does this already, but here are some things I would love to see:

1. Phase angles and orbit angles in the map view, like a literal protractor on the screen.
  2. The orbital angle of placed maneuver nodes, so you can place or move nodes to the correct ejection angles ahead of time, and drag them out to the required delta-v.

The Lazor mod has the first item you are looking for. http://i.imgur.com/jmyYxXu.png

I can't seem to get this addon working. I have the Protractor folder in my GameData folder, but nothing comes up. I'm on the steam mac version if that matters. Thanks!

Did you make sure to put the part on your ship?

And guys, I appreciate the GUI suggestions. I'm unlikely to make many changes to the GUI for the current iteration of Protractor due to real-life demands on my time. Right now, my emphasis is on maintaining the plugin through game updates and, if it works out, hopefully incorporating some major improvements on the math (which may necessitate a GUI overhaul in and of itself). I'm holding off on any GUI changes until after that.

The .18 version works for .21??

It's not the .18 version. It's actually for .20 but URLs are stupid sometimes.

I'll have to try it out though, but I've noticed that mods that calculate phase angles for the most part aren't working.

Correct, the URL is just really outdated, and Spaceport couldn't handle the admin's attempts to update the URL. The mod was updated several times since .18.

Almost got it working, the compatibility was mostly broken with regards to the line rendering for closest approach. The phase angle stuff should all be good. Hopefully have a patch out soon.

hehe, that makes more sense. Was trying to figure how the .18 version worked and the .20 version did not lol.

Glad to hear it working at least somewhat. Hope the update is not to much trouble for ya Mr. Enigma =)

Correct, the URL is just really outdated, and Spaceport couldn't handle the admin's attempts to update the URL. The mod was updated several times since .18.

Almost got it working, the compatibility was mostly broken with regards to the line rendering for closest approach. The phase angle stuff should all be good. Hopefully have a patch out soon.

Thanks mate, I almost hate to say it but I'm stuck in Kerbin's system without my protractor!

I got it installed to the GameData folder and I can add the parts but it doesn't actually work. What could I have done wrong?

Do you have a calculator icon in the bottom left of the screen when you launch a rocket that you can click on?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.