Assorted Hardware

CaptainSlug

How exactly do we get the fairing and shrouds to work? I can\'t seem to align them properly... or do anything with them properly. I see in the description of the wall piece 'Connects fairing anchor to the rest of the fairing'. I cannot find the 'fairing anchor' it\'s speaking of, so maybe that\'s my problem.

The problem I get is a fairly large gap between the two sides of the fairings when I mount them.

How exactly do we get the fairing and shrouds to work? I can\'t seem to align them properly... or do anything with them properly. I see in the description of the wall piece 'Connects fairing anchor to the rest of the fairing'. I cannot find the 'fairing anchor' it\'s speaking of, so maybe that\'s my problem.

The problem I get is a fairly large gap between the two sides of the fairings when I mount them.

1.Take the explosive bolt and with 2x symmetry put them on a tank whatever size your fairing is

(ex.put explosive bolt 2x symmetry on a 2m tank then mount 2m fairing on the nodes on the PLF bolts)

2.Use Nova\'s mechanichal decoupler on the capsule. Then put a nose on it. Then put fairing panels on

the nodes on the cones(note: use ullage motors to help jettison the fairing cone)

Happy? :D

I like the Sound FX for this. :)

I was going to include one, but the in-game sound for airspeed seemed to sound fine on its own.

0. Set symmetry mode to 2x

1. Attach an explosive bolt to the surface of a bulkhead or fuel tank you want to attach a fairing to.

2. Add a fairing wall half by attaching it to the stack node on the explosive bolt.

3. Attach another fairing wall half to the previous one, or complete it with a nose half.

4. You now have a fairing assembly which you can detach and adjust by clicking on the explosive bolt.

5. Moving the completed fairing assembly around on the surface of the bulkhead or fuel tank will allow you to adjust the size of the gap between symmetrical halves. How close you can get them together depends highly on the collision mesh of the part you\'re trying to attach the explosive bolt to, which is why I ended up including bulkhead parts.

6. Consolidate the icons of all of the Payload fairing panels into a single stage.

7. Test Launch. If you fairing tries to open as soon as your rocket makes it to the pad, then it\'s not quite long enough to cover the payload and needs another segment added.

If your fairing is rather long, you will need to reinforce it with struts to prevent control inputs from making it flop around.

I am LOVING the UFO parts, but I think more hull types would be the next step. In fact, why not a UFO pack? Modeling would be a snap, since they never have much detail. At the very least, one of those classic 3-blister types would be great.

Oh, and would it be possible to make an 'instant stop' brake? UFOs are known(ha) to stop and change direction in midair, so how about a super-strong SAS module that stops all movement?

Turns out my Bulkhead parts make decent wagon wheels...

oregontrail.jpg

1. I am LOVING the UFO parts, but I think more hull types would be the next step. In fact, why not a UFO pack? Modeling would be a snap, since they never have much detail. At the very least, one of those classic 3-blister types would be great.

2. Oh, and would it be possible to make an 'instant stop' brake? UFOs are known(ha) to stop and change direction in midair, so how about a super-strong SAS module that stops all movement?

1. I\'ll think about it

2. That would be an airbrake, and there\'s no module for those in the game yet.

Hey there, I have decided to make VTOL support thrusters using the config parameters I have gleaned from the radial boosters. Once I have them working, I\'ll upload.

I couldn\'t have done it without Captain Slug though.

I read this and for some reason I thought of building a space castle. With those cannon thrusters.

I\'d like to make a spirited plea for you to update your pack with new, fixed textures; I use at least some of your parts for every single rocket I build.

Then, your radial booster engines - and ullage engines would be perfect for modified, single thruster RCS.

The heavy duty versions could look like your big parts, while small upper stage versions could look like your small ullage engines.

See my post in addon requests and support:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=2959.0

oh, and your part folders renamed with something like Slug as the first word in the part folder? so I know who\'s pack I have to keep when I throw old parts away :D

All files updated with 32-bit PNG textures, so they should work with 0.11

No change in version. Just re-extract whichever ones you have installed that were showing up reddish.

oh, and your part folders renamed with something like Slug as the first word in the part folder? so I know who\'s pack I have to keep when I throw old parts away :D

You\'re free to change whatever folder names you want. They don\'t affect the loading of the parts or how they\'re handled in the craft files.

All files updated with 32-bit PNG textures, so they should work with 0.11

No change in version. Just re-extract whichever ones you have installed that were showing up reddish.

You\'re free to change whatever folder names you want. They don\'t affect the loading of the parts or how they\'re handled in the craft files.

Thanks for the updates!

I know that. It\'s just handy to have the mod creator do that himself, so that it\'s clear which parts are from who. I have around 250 parts or so, and if I want to see the CFG of a certain rocket engine it can be hard to find in the list of folders if I only know the creator is moach. If I know the creator is, for example, KW challenger pack, I know that it\'s in one of the 20 folders that all start with 'KW'

sort of a general guideline thingy- of course, I can change them manually on download; I just thought this would be nice and consistent.

Slug - Thanks to your improvements, we can now wage more war than ever before:

bSuqM.pngvetqb.png

Thank you for your part in allowing us to bring eight megatons of freedom to anywhere on Kearth.

I really can\'t get the bulkheads to attach to the mini fuel tanks like in this picture... what am i doing wrong?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.