Very slow game loading after update.

On 12/4/2014 at 8:22 AM, A Killy Panda said:

I have Hamachi and a tonne of mods for ksp but these have never caused me to have such a long loading time. It only started today. I haven't downloaded anything new for the past few weeks, and after this problem began, I have been deleting mods, craft files, all kinds of things, but none of it has made a difference.

Me too, I have mods but I have the same problem in the stock too.

Welcome to the forum @Sepehr. :D

The thread you originally posted in was several years old and therefore the advice in it was likely no longer current, so I have moved your post to its own thread to avoid confusion. Good luck with your issue. 

10 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Welcome to the forum @Sepehr. :D

The thread you originally posted in was several years old and therefore the advice in it was likely no longer current, so I have moved your post to its own thread to avoid confusion. Good luck with your issue. 

Ok Thank you very much!

Edited by Sepehr

• 2 weeks later...

Look, we want to help, but you're going to have to meet us half way. Right now all the information you've given is that KSP is loading slowly, without telling us any more details it's impossible to say why that might be.

Take a look at this guide: 

And then share your log files (via a file sharing site, please don't paste them directly into the window as it makes scrolling the page impossible on a mobile device and difficult even on a PC browser), as well as your KSP version and a list of mods if you can.

There might be a hardware-related issue causing the game to load slowly- maybe your hard drive is getting full so it takes longer to find the data, or you need to defragment/declutter the disk, or it's just slow to read the data (not much you can do about that); alternatively it could be a corrupted KSP installation, especially if you installed KSP through Steam then added mods to the Steam-controlled copy of KSP and even more so if you then updated the game with mods installed, or an incompatible mod, or just something failing during the game loading. When the game freezes at "expansion loading complete" it's almost always because something threw an exception during the compiling that happens directly after that point and the game simply can't load any further, but there's no on-screen warning of any kind about that and you'll only find out what happened by looking at the logs.

2 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Look, we want to help, but you're going to have to meet us half way. Right now all the information you've given is that KSP is loading slowly, without telling us any more details it's impossible to say why that might be.

Take a look at this guide: 

And then share your log files (via a file sharing site, please don't paste them directly into the window as it makes scrolling the page impossible on a mobile device and difficult even on a PC browser), as well as your KSP version and a list of mods if you can.

There might be a hardware-related issue causing the game to load slowly- maybe your hard drive is getting full so it takes longer to find the data, or you need to defragment/declutter the disk, or it's just slow to read the data (not much you can do about that); alternatively it could be a corrupted KSP installation, especially if you installed KSP through Steam then added mods to the Steam-controlled copy of KSP and even more so if you then updated the game with mods installed, or an incompatible mod, or just something failing during the game loading. When the game freezes at "expansion loading complete" it's almost always because something threw an exception during the compiling that happens directly after that point and the game simply can't load any further, but there's no on-screen warning of any kind about that and you'll only find out what happened by looking at the logs.

Many thanks for helping me, I'm just waiting for the ordered RAM. After I tested, I tell you how's going... Thank you very much for response!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.