[KSP 1.12] EVA Repairs

Angelo Kerman

5 hours ago, Angelo Kerman said:

I've been on vacation, and I normally don't respond to such requests, but it's also been awhile since I worked on this.

Barely over 2 weeks. You've been awesome about pushing out builds to address issues folks are having. Thanks for taking the time to push out another update.

1 hour ago, panarchist said:

Barely over 2 weeks. You've been awesome about pushing out builds to address issues folks are having. Thanks for taking the time to push out another update.

My next hat trick is to add some kind of custom GUI at the space center that lets you manually adjust MTBF by failure category for custom failure rates.

Hi there, minor bug to report - the repair bot wheels don't seem to load. I tested on a mostly clean install (only other mod was QuickStart+dependencies) and I've tried with and without ReStock installed. All the other parts load fine, but the repair bot wheel does not. I tried to look through the CFG files for EVARepairs and MM as well as the log files but seems I'm still too inexperienced to figure it out.

Having said that, I'm loving the mod and it works perfectly fine without the wheels  - just thought to inform.

Player.log with Restock and without Restock.

Screenshot showing RepairBot wheels not loading:

2veqRPb.png

On 6/2/2024 at 5:27 PM, ttikkoo said:

Hi there, minor bug to report - the repair bot wheels don't seem to load. I tested on a mostly clean install (only other mod was QuickStart+dependencies) and I've tried with and without ReStock installed. All the other parts load fine, but the repair bot wheel does not. I tried to look through the CFG files for EVARepairs and MM as well as the log files but seems I'm still too inexperienced to figure it out.

Having said that, I'm loving the mod and it works perfectly fine without the wheels  - just thought to inform.

Player.log with Restock and without Restock.

Screenshot showing RepairBot wheels not loading:

2veqRPb.png

I've verified that the T-800 Micro Wheel is loading correctly with Restock.

a3jny42.png

Not sure what you're running into...

On 6/7/2024 at 2:29 AM, Angelo Kerman said:

I've verified that the T-800 Micro Wheel is loading correctly with Restock.

a3jny42.png

Not sure what you're running into...

Huh...I've tried a bunch of different combinations (pure stock, restock only, restock+, stock+multiple WBI mods) but never got it loading. Bizarre. Maybe my test install has just gotten borked in some way from installing/uninstalling mods. Thanks for checking.

Congratulations. Perfect.
Permanent failures at activation fixed. Trials improve reliability of new parts with science+failure, but when it reaches 90% failure at activation stops. I tried 100 times on/off engine.
:) when I loaded a save with a flying plane, the engine (90%) failed.

• 3 weeks later...

Mostly loving this mod so far, with one exception; I think there should be some split for game balance between rocket and jet engines, with the latter having a longer MTBF. It takes a while to get places on jets rather than the short burns a rocket undertakes, after all.

On 7/5/2024 at 12:16 PM, Axquirix said:

Mostly loving this mod so far, with one exception; I think there should be some split for game balance between rocket and jet engines, with the latter having a longer MTBF. It takes a while to get places on jets rather than the short burns a rocket undertakes, after all.

This is not easily done without using a Module Manager patch. In code there's not really anything that I can use to distinguish between a rocket engine and a jet engine. Given all the jet engines out there it would be prohibitive to patch each one. But you can easily create a MM patch for specific parts :)